Community Engagement Coordinator
Renewal House is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator position. This position leads community engagement efforts to increase community awareness and support of Renewal House. This role is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and nurturing relationships with corporations and community organizations to develop deep-seated partnerships, job opportunities for clients, volunteer opportunities, and monetary support of the agency. Additionally, the Community Engagement Coordinator assists in planning and implementing fundraising events that support Renewal House.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and maintain high-quality organizational partnerships and produce well-crafted events. The candidate will be committed to working in a fast-paced environment to ensure goals are met. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, apply to become a member of the Renewal House team!
About Renewal House
Renewal House is a comprehensive addiction recovery community for women and their children, which includes family residential services for pregnant and parenting women and licensed intensive outpatient and recovery support services for women. Renewal House is committed to providing high-quality services to help families recover together. This fast-paced work environment offers an opportunity to have a real impact on children and families in our community. This position is funded under a private grant from a corporate partner.
The Community Engagement Coordinator, who reports to the Director of Development, is responsible for the following:
- Developing relationships with corporations and businesses that lead to employment opportunities for Renewal House clients, deep seated partnerships, and fundraising opportunities.
- Identifying, cultivating, and soliciting corporate sponsors and organizational partnerships. Creating and managing newsletter specifically for Career Renewal Partners.
- Managing and implementing all aspects of engagement functions including scheduling, distributing, literature, conducting group presentations and tours for small and large audiences, and participating in community fairs from corporations and groups.
- Establishing a community engagement calendar and identify specific staff and volunteers to speak at key civic, religious and service organizations about the impact of Renewal House.
- Assisting in planning and implementing fundraising events to meet revenue goals including securing sponsors, volunteers and vendors, event promotion, and event logistics.
- Managing the volunteer process including recruiting, coordinating, and overseeing volunteer activities.
Renewal House is seeking candidates who have:
- Skills and knowledge normally associated with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor messages to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Organized, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- Advanced computer application skills, including offsite suite software. CRM experience required; Raisers Edge experience preferred.
- A proven track record of meeting goals and outcomes.
Renewal House offers a competitive salary, generous leave package, and supportive benefits. The leave package include seven agency holidays, paid time off, health leave, and other leave options. Renewal House pays for 100% of employees’ health insurance and offers low-cost dental and vision insurance. Additionally, Renewal House pays for short-term disability and life insurance for full-time employees. Renewal House will also match the employee’s contribution to an IRA (up to 3% of the employee’s salary).
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Chelsea Spence, Director of Development, via email or fax:
- Date Posted: June 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)