Community Engagement Coordinator
Renewal House is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator position. This position leads community engagement efforts to increase community awareness of Renewal House and create opportunities for client employment. This role is responsible for creating and implementing a community engagement plan to identify, cultivate, and nurture relationships with corporations and community organizations. Additionally, the Community Engagement Coordinator creates and manages the agency’s written and visual content for external communications. This includes managing the agency’s social media channels, press communication, and digital marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and maintain high-quality organizational partnerships and produce well-crafted content for agency communications. The candidate will be committed to working in a fast-paced environment to ensure goals are met. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, apply to become a member of the Renewal House team!
About Renewal House
Renewal House is a comprehensive addiction recovery community for women and their children, which includes family residential services for pregnant and parenting women and licensed intensive outpatient and recovery support services for women. Renewal House is committed to providing high-quality services to help families recover together. This fast-paced work environment offers an opportunity to have a real impact on children and families in our community. This position is funded under a private grant from a corporate partner.
The Community Engagement Coordinator, who reports to the Director of Development, is responsible for the following:
- Creating and implementing a community engagement calendar which meets established goals.
- Identifying, cultivating, and nurturing partnerships with corporations and community organizations that lead to meaningful partnerships and opportunities for client employment.
- Participating in community engagement activities, such as: conducting group presentations and tours; participating in community fairs and networking events, and other engagement opportunities.
- Creating and managing the organization’s written and visual content for external communication, ensuring content integrity and consistency. This includes managing the agency’s social media accounts and digital marketing.
- Updating donor database with community engagement activities.
- Providing ongoing support to the Development Team through assistance with events and activities.
Renewal House is seeking candidates who have:
- Skills and knowledge normally associated with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor messages to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Organized, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, including WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Advanced computer application skills, including offsite suite software. Experience with Raisers Edge preferred.
- A proven track record of meeting goals and outcomes.
Renewal House offers a competitive salary, generous leave package, and supportive benefits. The leave package include seven agency holidays, paid time off, health leave, and other leave options. Renewal House pays for 100% of employees’ health insurance and offers low-cost dental and vision insurance. Additionally, Renewal House pays for short-term disability and life insurance for full-time employees. Renewal House will also match the employee’s contribution to an IRA (up to 3% of the employee’s salary).
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Chelsea Spence, Director of Development, via email or fax:
- Date Posted: January 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services