Nashville International Center for Empowerment
Community Engagement and Sponsorship Specialist
Nashville International Center for Empowerment
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) ethnic community-based organization dedicated to ensuring refugees and immigrants achieve their full potential now and for generations to come. The Community Engagement & Sponsorship Specialist (CESS) will report to the Community Engagement & Sponsorship Coordinator (CESC). The CESS will support the CESC by leading training of our Co- Sponsorship program, drafting and putting together training and marketing material for co-sponsorship events. They will also assist with volunteer management, in-kind donation management, community outreach, and helping maintain relationships with co-sponsors. CESS is a full-time, 40-hour position.
- Work with CESC to recruit and train co-sponsor groups to support refugees and families based on their needs and available resources.
- Create orientation and training content/applications for sponsors with the help of CESC.
- Conduct bi-weekly/monthly check-ins with co-sponsorship groups.
- Contribute to the development, launch, and scaling of the new Community Engagement & Sponsorship Program for NICE, in conjunction with the CESC.
- Assist the CESC with the refugee community sponsorship programming as directed.
- Collaborate with the CESC in designing, planning, and implementing community engagement events such as donation drives and awareness-raising campaigns.
- Assist the CESC in ensuring smooth on-boarding of co-sponsors.
- Attend team and organizational meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with completing community engagement reports as called upon by the CESC.
- Monitor co-sponsorship case notes and inform appropriate parties as needed.
- Help with other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to plan, prioritize, manage, and complete tasks with strict deadlines
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive to evolving program needs
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High levels of motivation, self-reliance, and independence
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups, including but not limited to public speaking and presentation skills
- Communicate and listen effectively; establish action plans for constituent interactions; manage stakeholders with varying agendas with respect and relational competency
- Develop project plans and realistic action plans; communicate changes and progress to stakeholders; complete projects on time and budget; manage project team activities
- Excellent written and oral English proficiency
- Experience with public speaking
- Demonstrate experience interacting with diverse individuals and communities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM databases
- Some experience with Canva, Abobe InDesign, and social media
- Reliable transportation
- Position requires availability to work regular hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of experience in building community engagement efforts in social work/non-profit management or related field
- Minimum one year of experience in non-profit settings; At least one year of experience working with refugee or immigrant populations is strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $36,000-$38,000/yr
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and PTO, health care reimbursement and 401k
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls. Applications without the requested information will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Nashville International Center for Empowerment does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity/expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing
an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff members, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Date Posted: May 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: 36,000 - 38,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00am - 5:00pm