Community & Corporate Relations Manager
Oasis Center is seeking a dynamic individual to engage volunteers and facilitate community and corporate relations for one of the nation’s most innovative youth-serving agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. They will be as comfortable in a board room as they are at a community meeting. They will have a work-hard, play-hard attitude and the natural tendency to take their work, but not themselves, seriously.
- Comprehensively evaluate agency programs for opportunities to integrate volunteers.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with program directors and administrative staff regarding available volunteer resources and agency needs.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Develop ability of staff to work effectively with volunteers.
- Conduct volunteer interviews and determine appropriate volunteer matches within the agency.
- Provide for the development and delivery of training for volunteers.
- Provide screening and oversight for the agency’s intern positions.
- Serve as primary contact for all large corporate engagement including but not limited to group projects, sponsorships, donation drives, fundraisers, in-depth volunteer projects and youth employment opportunities.
- Represent agency at community and corporate events.
- Develop monthly goals for corporate outreach and corporate group projects.
- Coordinate volunteers, auctions and corporate sponsorships for agency fundraising events.
- Assist with coordinating Oasis’ annual fundraising event(s) from an operational perspective.
- Facilitate social media communications for corporate and community activities.
- Lead agency special initiatives around community engagement (ex. Open House, Elevate Oasis)
- Minimum two years’ experience in volunteer coordination, event management, development or similar field.
- Excellent writing skills related to writing volunteer newsletters, social media copy, event-related documents, and communications with community and corporate partners.
- Excellent public speaking skills related to presenting to community groups, corporate partners, and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and rapport-building skills with community members, partners, volunteers and coworkers.
- Ability to effectively use all agency communication and scheduling tools and respond in a timely manner to partners, donors, funders, and staff.
- Ability to effectively set and manage multiple priorities and use time constructively.
- Knowledge of and vision for volunteer program development.
- Knowledge of and ability to design and deliver training to volunteers.
- Knowledge of donor/constituent database software preferred.
- Some fundraising experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Dana True – email@example.com
- Date Posted: June 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40K- 50K