Pet Community Center
Community Cat Program Coordinator
Pet Community Center
Coordinate details related to the Community Cat program, including trapping of assigned projects, transporting cats, coordinating with volunteers and public trappers, as well as conducting community outreach and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive company vehicle to designated locations within Davidson County to release community cats after they have recovered from spay/neuter surgery. Follow protocols for releasing cats.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Maintain Community Cat Program (CCP) supplies and CCP Recovery Building.
- Conduct trapping projects and follow all Pet Community Center (PCC) procedures and policies for humane trapping.
- Feed cats and clean cages and traps.
- Enter detailed information into PCC databases.
- Record traps that are loaned out, train volunteers and the public how to use traps and how to safely conduct trap-neuter-return (TNR) activities, follow up with clients who have traps that need to be returned.
- Share information with the public about the benefits of TNR.
- Assist with check-in and check-out of community cats.
- Communicate with medical staff about surgery flow and patient needs.
- Communicate with clients about medical care and pick up times.
- Implement PCC’s philosophies in customer service by demonstrating a non-judgmental, service-based approach to helping pets and people.
- Communicate with volunteers about CCP needs.
- Communicate with community members regarding RTF, then return cats to the area where they were trapped.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Client Education
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks
- Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to caretakers and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
- Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds repeatedly throughout the day without help and up to 50 pounds with help.
- Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly
- Must be able to see fine detail in a variety of situations
- Must be able to spend periods of time outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold.
- Technical Requirements
- Technical proficiency with PC platforms, as well as Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Neat penmanship
- Must be able to answer and respond to 2 phone lines and use email.
- Must have and maintain a valid TN drivers license and clean driving record.
- Database experience is a plus
- Other requirements:
- Must be punctual, dependable and honest
- Must have a flexible schedule (transports involve both early mornings and late afternoons depending on the number of cats that need to be released)
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner
- Must have good social skills and knowledge of TNR to explain our program to citizens inquiring about the Community Cat Program.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health savings account
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a current resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Katie.T@petcommunitycenter.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Salary Range: 38,500-40,000