Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
- Develops a strategic communication strategy that aligns with Marketing Department goals.
- Acts as the primary media contact and Cheekwood spokesperson and coordinate media interviews with relevant staff members.
- Coordinates press tours, writer tours and events for promotional purposes.
- Works with Director of Marketing to establish Media Partnerships with media outlets including print, digital, broadcast and radio.
- Develops pitch plan for stories to and activities intended to publicize Cheekwood history, exhibitions, programs, offerings, outreach initiatives, and generally advance the institution’s public relations efforts.
- Develops and maintains Diversity,Equity,Accessibility & Inclusion (DEAI) communications procedures.
- Creates opportunities to share the mission of Cheekwood and day-to-day impact through stories, video, visuals, social media, etc.
- Works with the Marketing Team to develop content for Cheekwood’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tik Tok).
- Works with the Marketing Team to maintain consistency and integrity in Cheekwood’s communications across multiple channels, including website, social media, collateral, donor and member appeals, and programming promotions.
- Develops email campaigns to promote upcoming events and initiatives.
- Helps to update and maintain website and blog using WordPress content management system.
- Works with internal departments to develop content for Cheekwood blog ensuring fresh content regularly by writing and/or coordinating submissions from others.
- Works with outside agencies on occasion to build and execute PR initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field and at least four years job‐related experience is preferred in public relations or media relations. Substantial contacts within Nashville’s media, marketing, and advertising industries; contacts with national and online media contacts a plus; proven pitch and placement record; excellent organizational skills, yet very flexible; able to work varied hours; e
Cheekwood offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, supplemental Aflac products,403(b) and ROTH 403(b) retirement savings plans, paid holidays, flexible vacation/sick pay, and the ability to work with a dedicated team in a beautiful environment.
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources. at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: February 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 03/15/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8:30am-5:00pm with occasional evenings & weekends