Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN
BIGGER AND BETTER TOGETHER
For over 50 years Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee has served young people in the Middle Tennessee region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality and innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members bring unique perspectives and skills and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee seeks a Communications Manager who will assist in developing and implementing internal and external communications strategies that advance our mission by helping us to reach and engage audiences across multiple platforms.
In this role, you will support agency-wide strategic plans, priorities and culture by creating and distributing effective, multi-channel communications designed to deliver impact awareness, favorable media impressions, stakeholder engagement and stewardship as well as fundraising and volunteer recruitment.
The Communications Manager will serve as a lead content writer and creator, utilizing a varied range of written, verbal, and digital channels to deliver collaborative, integrated and compelling communications that articulate messaging that is consistent, on-brand and in support of agency objectives.
Day to Day:
- Support Vice President of Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement in the development of internal and external agency-wide communications strategies designed to engage donors, volunteers, families, youth, partners, Board of Directors, employees, community, news media, influencers, etc.
- Develop and maintain the monthly editorial calendar inclusive of all types of communications, platforms channels and stakeholders. Ensure communications are developed with a consistent focus on amplifying agency impact and optimizing stakeholder engagement
- Create, write, edit, curate and publish engaging and timely content in accordance with brand guidelines, agency voice and messaging across a wide variety of mediums including press releases, talking points, memos, emails, digital and social content, newsletters, mailers, infographics, presentations, etc.
- Develop and maintain contact list and relationships with local news media and relevant influencers
- Support Digital Marketing Manager in delivering on website, digital and social media KPIs
- Partner with Director of Annual Giving and Director of Recruitment to support content and communications needs around individual giving, event and volunteer recruitment initiatives
- Collaborate with Programs Leadership Team to develop content, promotional materials and messaging that drives clear narratives about our programs, processes, initiatives and impact
- Serve as the Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement Team liaison to the Grants Team to provide relevant information and reporting concerning marketing and communications deliverables
- Serve as a proactive and creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and innovation to the Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement Team and agency as a whole
This Job May Be For You…..
- Successful experience in journalism, public relations, communications and/or marketing
- Strong writer and storyteller with ability to translate complex initiatives into concise, compelling and persuasive communications that inspire confidence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including proofreading and presentation development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Familiarity with AP style and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Strong attention-to-detail, problem solving, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Team player with desire to innovate and collaborate
- Passion for BBBSMT’s mission to defend the potential of Middle Tennessee youth
- 2-3-years of experience in public relations, communications or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications English or related field
Because we hire the best people and value our staff, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN works hard to provide competitive benefits to our team. Our comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)- generous portion is paid by BBBSMT
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Immediate enrollment in our 403B — We match 50% of what you contribute up to 6% of pay. Staff are vested after 12 months of employment
- Training & Development Programs
- Opportunities for advancement- we promote from within!
- 16 days of paid time off
- 16 paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible work schedule
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com with “Your Name-Communications Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties as assigned.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Date Posted: January 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services