The Communications Manager will engage our community via our website and across a variety of social media platforms as well through print media and mailings. This position will create and distribute external communications.
• Maintain GraceWorks website content: creating and adding video, creating and adding graphics/images, online calendar, etc.
• Coordinate creation of content with the Development team, Retail and Operations Director, including graphics and images to promote GraceWorks events and initiatives
• Create, own and proactively manage content calendar that includes all communication efforts such as social media, print, email, events, etc.
• Manage email marketing campaigns to donors, volunteers, staff, board and other groups
• Post original and curated content to social channels: maintain a consistent voice across channels aligned with branding and target audience
• Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions in real-time
• Maintain all online donation campaigns
• Assist Director of Development with other tasks as requested
• Create and distribute external communication pieces
• Assist development team in creating custom pieces for donor solicitations
• Monitor communication plan success from year-to-year and offer changes to increase exposure and engagement.
• Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, public relations, business or related fields; Two years’ experience in managing brand social media or communities and website proficiency, proficiency with InDesign, PhotoShop, WordPress, ConstantContact and HTML.
Strong desire for ministry service, interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals; motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills; good judgment; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; computer literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel; highly developed organizational, planning and oral and written communication skills; excellent time and self-management skills; strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects; ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
GraceWorks currently offers medical, dental and vision benefits.
How to Apply
Visit our website for more information and a job application. Please submit your applications with a cover letter and a resume.
- Date Posted: May 8, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hours