Tennessee Immigrant & Refugee Rights Coalition
Tennessee Immigrant & Refugee Rights Coalition
TIRRC is seeking a strategic, proven communicator with excellent writing and editing skills to manage our advocacy, electoral, and organizational communications with a focus on advancing our campaigns, growing our base of supporters and donors, and maintaining our established voice and brand.
Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, marital status, or parental status. Immigrants, refugees, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Set communications strategy and develop winning messages for TIRRC and our 501c4 TIRRC Votes:
- Work collaboratively across teams to develop communication strategies to proactively shift the public narrative in Tennessee and build support for policy priorities;
- Monitor and interpret the latest messaging guidance, public opinion research, and media coverage in order to develop organizational messaging, write talking points, and provide guidance for staff and partners;
- Develop messaging, talking points, and organizational statements in response to breaking news events impacting our campaigns and movement.
- Develop campaign narratives that unite pro-immigrant voters and mobilize them to the polls.
Secure earned media placements/pitch media stories that advance campaign and organizational goals:
- Write and distribute press releases and statements, draft and place op-eds, field media inquiries and proactively pitch stories to secure coverage, and coordinate press conferences and media events;
- Train and build the capacity of immigrant and refugee leaders and organizational partners to be effective spokespeople about issues and campaigns;
- Develop and sustain working relationships with key local and national media outlets to ensure significant issues are covered, proactive messaging frames are reinforced, and both our organizational perspective and the voices of immigrant and refugee leaders are included.
Oversee digital communications to build base, fundraise, and engage supporters:
- Maintain editorial calendar of email communications and serve as lead writer of advocacy and organizational email copy;
- Plan, create, and edit content for digital channels, website, social media, and digital ads;
- Strategize digital response to breaking news events impacting our organization and movement.
Management and organizational support:
- Support the overall strategic efforts of the organization, including campaigns and fundraising;
- Manage TIRRC and TIRRC Votes CRM database and work with advocacy and development teams to upload data and list management strategy;
- Supervise interns as needed.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every position at TIRRC, every person in the organization will assist their colleagues to ensure a cooperative environment and respond to the needs of the moment.
- Belief in TIRRC’s mission and commitment to social justice;
- At least 3 years of experience in strategic communications, media relations, or journalism;
- Understanding of public policy and the role of communications in building public support;
- Demonstrated ability to work on deadlines, be highly organized, work with little supervision, and maintain accountability and strong communication with others in collaborative projects;
- Experience with supervision preferred;
- Strong digital literacy, including Google Suite, CRM and advocacy tools, and social media platforms;
- Availability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as well as travel across the state and nationally as it’s safe to do so;
- Fluency in English required and another language preferred;
- Must have reliable transportation.
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Salary Range: $50,000-55,000 based on experience
Benefits: Full-time TIRRC employees are eligible to receive medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of the medical employee premium covered by TIRRC, participate in a 401K retirement plan and receive 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Program. In addition, TIRRC provides paid leave, including up to 15 vacation days, 13 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid sick leave in an employee’s first year, and 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: September 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $50,000-55,000