TennGreen Land Conservancy
TennGreen Land Conservancy
TennGreen Land Conservancy (formerly the Tennessee Parks & Greenways Foundation) empowers landowners and communities to protect large, connected natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all. Founded in 1998, TennGreen is the oldest, accredited statewide land trust in Tennessee.
Fueled by a Strategic Land Conservation Plan and a transformative bequest, TennGreen has recently invested in strategic opportunities for growth to protect more land. Throughout the past five years, TennGreen leadership has increased its focus on expanding staff capacity, expertise, and professionalism. This growth in staff capacity has positively impacted the ability to engage more members through outreach and education and increase TennGreen’s conservation impact across Tennessee. This is an exciting time to join this team!
PURPOSE: TennGreen Land Conservancy is searching for a dynamic, engaged, and energetic addition to its communications team. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Communications Manager, and together, this team will amplify the work and impact of TennGreen to a broad audience of community members, coalition partners, stakeholders, volunteers, funders, members, and policymakers.
- Work collaboratively across departments to assist with the development of strategic communications to build support for TennGreen’s mission
- Understand the role digital plays in relationship to offline marketing, paid digital media, SEO, brand, and others to ensure alignment with proper site and brand standards
- Monitor analytics, develop key measurement strategies to ensure consistency in reporting and analysis across digital touchpoints, and generate monthly and quarterly reports that include KPIs, analysis of the results, recommendations for improvement, and a forecast of future trends
- Identify needs and key opportunities for growth in audience, engagement, website traffic, and conversion that align with the goals outlined in TennGreen’s strategic plan
- Website and SEO management
- Assist with developing and distributing compelling, informative, and engaging copy and collateral
- Assist with creating and executing a digital marketing strategy
- Assist with creating and executing strategic communication touchpoints focused on the recruitment and retainment of members
- Assist with budgeting with regards to digital marketing/advertising investments and software/hardware programs
- Other duties as requested, including on-site event assistance
- 2+ years previous experience in a paid Marketing/Communications role, nonprofit experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in the use of software including WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Mailchimp, Canva, and Hootsuite
- Experience creating engaging content for social media, email campaigns, and digital advertising
- Solid knowledge of website management, digital tracking, and SEO
- Experience using analytics platforms such as Google Analytics to collect, organize and deliver relevant analytics reports and actionable insight
- Experience in analyzing A/B or multivariant testing and personalization initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Knowledge of Tennessee, Conservation, and Land Conservancies a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Collaborative spirit
- A sense of humor
- Creative and trendy
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Life-long learner
Travel throughout the state may be required; a shared company vehicle is available. Occasional weekend and evening work.
The Salary Range for this position is $40,000 to $42,000. TennGreen offers generous benefits including 401k matching program, flex time, a health insurance stipend, and opportunities to enroll in health, dental, and vision insurance programs.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume, and samples of previous work (not required, but appreciated) to Alice Hudson Pell, Associate Director at email@example.com by July 19 with Communications Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls or visits, please.
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: 40,000-42,000
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM