The Housing Fund, Inc.
The Housing Fund, Inc.
The Communications Coordinator is a seasoned communications and media strategist that works across our programs and initiatives and community outreach efforts to design and implement communications strategies that advances The Housing Fund’s organizational goals and objectives. The Communications Coordinator will utilize a variety of communications mediums including digital, social media, email, print, paid and earned media to boost the organization’s awareness, brand, policy priorities, and goals. As an essential member of our team, you will also be responsible for growing the capacity, effectiveness, and sophistication of The Housing Fund’s long-term communications efforts. You will work closely with the senior leadership, as a trusted advisor, to create and implement a communications strategy that aligns with our mission and vision.
• Create, coordinate, and implement comprehensive marketing and communications plans for various programs and initiatives;
• Use internal data and resources, market research and customer feedback to inform and develop communication strategies;
• Write and edit publications and documents, including employee communications, annual reports, brochures, websites, and other related materials;
• Coordinate in-person and virtual events to build community awareness;
• Oversee web-based communications including social media programs;
• Respond and/or coordinate responses to media inquiries and requests for information;
• Develop and implement an organizational communications and media strategy for The Housing Fund and its major program areas;
• Create earned-media moments, develop a paid-media strategy, conduct rapid response, and create compelling narratives;
• Create and manage a crisis communications strategy;
• Proactively identify potential media risks and craft responses, ensuring the reputation of The Housing Fund is protected and enhanced while also advancing the organization’s policy agenda;
• Create, execute, and evaluate strategic and effective communications and social media programs including the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations and social media activities relative to the strategic goals of The Housing Fund;
• Lead website maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (articles links, stories, and events) are posted regularly;
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with the press and partners, creating two-way channels of information and sourcing;
• Use creative storytelling to create, share, and frame problems and solutions impacting Tennessee’s homeowners;
• Create and implement communication efforts the build and maintain relationships with current The Housing Fund clients.
Two or more years of experience in marketing and media relations; bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations or related field or experience; experience in creating, implementing, and evaluating communications campaigns; high level of comfort with public speaking; proven writing/editing skills.
You can set a clear vision and strategy. Once you set a goal, you can establish a clear vision for others and create a set of strategies likely to achieve that goal. You are also able to adeptly adjust your strategy as needed, recognizing it as a tool and not an implementation plan. You are detail oriented.
You have credibility as an expert. You demonstrate mastery on a wide range of topics. Your opinion and perspective in areas where you have expertise and experience is respected and sought out. You have a probing mind that seeks to resolve problems based on their priority. You can absorb new information quickly. To stay informed, you continually seek out new information, data points, and ideas.
You are an excellent communicator. You use clear and concise language without being overly verbose or talkative, your writing is concrete and actionable. You comfortable writing proposals and marketing materials. You understand how to be honest and strategic, while navigating political implications.
You are innovative and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You understand that the only constant in life is change and you can adjust quickly to changing priorities or a new direction entirely.
Education: Bachelor’s or advanced level degree preferred.
Experience: At least four (4) years of communication experience.
Physical: Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods.
Full Time, Salaried with benefits
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to MCrawford@thehousingfund.org no later than February 15, 2021.
- Date Posted: February 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 02/22/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week