Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
The Communications Coordinator’s key role is to interface with the agency’s Department Directors to increase awareness of social media utilization and to plan meaningful messages to the public about their programs. In addition, the Communications Coordinator helps gather content for sharing within the agency as well as externally through various channels. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
- Assist coordinating media events and public relations campaigns.
- Identify and create content in the form of photos, notes, and updates for sharing on website, newsletters, and social media.
- Develop and foster relationships with community partners to spread awareness of the various services Catholic Charities offers.
- Work closely with Catholic Charities third-party marketing consultants, who will provide on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Engage with staff to develop key messaging, themes, style, and target audience and defining appropriate communication channels.
- Develop and implement key objectives and results that can measure reach and impact of communications and identify and areas.
- Participate in regular team meetings and planning sessions with the team.
- Assist other team members on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 2-5 years of working experience.
- Experience with managing social media channels efficiently and successfully.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Passion for non-profit work and be able to support the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403 B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1327423/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Communications-Coordinator
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: March 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.