Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville is seeking a Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time exempt position located at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike Nashville, TN 37214. Regular business hours are from Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm but flexibility outside of these days and hours are required for this role.
This Communications Coordinator will serve the key role of interfacing between the agency’s many departments to identify needs to increase communication within the department and help gather content for sharing within the agency as well as externally through various channels. The coordinator will act as a representative of Catholic Charities, assisting in coordinating media events and public relations campaigns. He/she will partner closely with Department Directors to increase awareness of social media utilization and planning meaningful messages to the public about their program(s). He/she should have a passion for non-profit work and be able to support the mission of Catholic Charities of serving our neighbors). The Communications Coordinator will have the rare opportunity to work closely with Catholic Charities third party marketing consultants, who will provide on the job training and mentoring.
- Identifying and creating content in the form of photos, notes, and updates for sharing on website, newsletters, and social media.
- Develop and foster relationships with community partners to spread awareness of the various services Catholic Charities offers.
- Engage with staff to develop key messaging, themes, style, and target audience and defining appropriate communication channels.
- Ability to gather relevant and timely information for sharing among departments and leadership.
- Ensure alignment and consistency in brand strategy and communication execution.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public events and connecting with all types of people.
- Develop and implement key objectives and results that can measure reach and impact of communications and identify and areas of success and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Skills or Requirements
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, internet research, and comfort in working with computer systems.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Skilled at multitasking, meeting deadlines, and project management.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to shift priorities easily and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in office environment as well as attend community events when needed.
- Passion for serving the community, displaying empathy, and respect for all people.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2-5 years of working experience.
- Experience with managing social media channels efficiently and successfully.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required.
Full benefits offered.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk