Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee seeks a Communications Coordinator. This is a non-exempt, professional position will be primarily responsible for content development, and coordination of communications advocacy efforts. This position reports directly to the Community Relations and Development Director. This position can be based out of any one of our three regional offices–Nashville, Knoxville, or Memphis.
Please note: DRT requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only resumes submitted with a cover letter will be considered.
Who We Are
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) is a non-profit organization with the mission of protecting the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT was founded in 1978 and as of today has served over 50,000 Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT provides legal advocacy services to people with disabilities across the state with numerous issues, including employment discrimination, safety in schools, abuse and neglect, and access to community resources and services.
What You’ll Do
Communications Content and Campaigns
• Coordinate ongoing content for:
o bi-weekly website/blog
o daily social media
o monthly newsletters
• Coordinate communications campaigns for agency programs and projects, which may include
o Printed materials
o Social Media postings
o Public Reports
o Community Presentations
o Video content
• In collaboration with Public Policy Coordinator, plan ongoing content for the Policy Watch during legislative session
• Participate in disability community and communications collaborations
• Coordinate and compose external communications including:
o Press releases
o Guest Blogs
o Guest Podcasts and Vlogs
• Coordinate and create internal communication materials
• Participates in the planning communication and marketing of agency events to ensure progress toward organizational goals
• Create and execute communications training on theory and practice for DRT team members, as necessary.
Agency Communications Strategic Planning
· Creation and maintenance of communications content and design plans while ensuring to leverage DRT branding and consistency in messaging within
o DRT website
o Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
o Publication templates
o Training presentation templates
· Collect communications information from DRT staff and collaborate with area experts to draft content as necessary
· Measure quality and effectiveness of communication strategies to meet programmatic requirements and advance DRT mission, vision, and strategic goals
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Work, Sociology, Human Services, Public Administration, Counseling or related degree preferred. Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years or more experience in a related field will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree. Experience of 5 years or more will be considered in lieu of degree.
Must have the following skills and abilities:
• Sound professional judgment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proficient use of technology including the ability to learn to use the Disability Advocacy Database or other case database used by DRT
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to engage in logical analysis
• Skillful questioning and attentive listening skills
• Ability to work well in teams
• Ability to professionally represent DRT
What Else You Should Know
Equity, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of DRT’s mission, values, and daily practice. We are an equal opportunity employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team including but not limited to candidates with disabilities, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, professionals from various generations, and veterans.
The position is full-time. In-office work will be required at times. Remote work will be allowed for portions of this position. The role may require travel. The salary for this position ranges from $45,000 to $55,000. Exact salary depends on experience. We offer excellent benefits such as flexible schedule, remote work, maternity/paternity leave, paid federal and state holidays, and insurance options including medical, vision, dental, life, and disability.
How to Apply
If this seems like you, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Date Posted: March 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/02/2022
- Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm