Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over three decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration.
The Communications Coordinator will support the work and mission of Project Return by focusing on and ensuring excellence in brand management/awareness, and developing new and sustainable opportunities for community members to engage in our work, by creating connections with the community, volunteers, fostering awareness and support through marketing and events. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager and works as part of the agency’s External Affairs team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
- Generate (drafting, editing, finalizing) Project Return content across all forms, demonstrating an operational understanding of Project Return’s audiences and the key messages
- Oversee development and distribution of all Project Return print and electronic communications, including newsletter, annual report, marketing materials, e-blasts, and blog posts
- Coordinate development of graphic, video, audio, and photographic content
- Manage volunteer corps, events, and event outreach
- Generate content for postings across all social media channels
- Assist in creating and implementing strategy for organization’s annual events, including annual Business Breakfast, annual dine-out event, newly created reception/Open House Events, and film screenings
- Coordinate curation of guest lists, invitations, and communications related to all organizational events
- Liaise with community partners and oversee Project Return’s involvement in any external events including materials, staff attendance, promotion, and communications
- Coordinate logistical and technical aspects of all internal events
- Organizing relevant content for events, including booking guest speakers, or creating appropriate video content
- Develop volunteer packet and maintain complete volunteer files
- Create a plan for increasing and sustaining the volunteer corps for Project Return
- Develop opportunities for community members to engage in Project Return’s mission and work, by establishing volunteer job lists and recruiting and assessing volunteers to determine best fit for service
- Coordinate with staff to identify and organize volunteer projects and involvement, as well as show appreciation for volunteer contributions
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Excellent written and oral communication skills; enjoy people and building relationships; proficiency with social media, email delivery systems, and Salesforce data management; and marketing; self-motivated, team-spirited, and highly organized; strong desire to work for an organization helping people make a new beginning, and an understanding of how this work benefits both the individual and the community.
Health, Vision, Dental, Life after 90 days.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Nicole Lallatin, and indicate “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 8-4:30pm M-F