Frist Art Museum
Communications/Community Relations Coordinator
Frist Art Museum
Job Summary: Responsible for light general office management for the Communications Department staff as well as coordination of specific aspects of the department’s community relations activities.
The functions of this department include marketing; public relations; social media; website management, postings and maintenance; community relations; gift shop.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential job functions: Working closely with Communications Department and Frist
- Support members of the Communications Department database updates, invoice and check request processing, ordering and maintaining departmental supplies.
- Maintain budget “book” and online general ledger tracking all invoices, and expenses for the department. Prepare check requests and purchase orders on timely basis.
- Support Media Relations staff member(s) in research, updating media lists, posting exhibition and event listings on websites, assisting with media previews and other Frist events attended by members of the media.
- When necessary, assist marketing director, social media manager with online dialogue with social media communities, including assisting marketing director with weekly e-newsletter and website updates when requested.
- Working with marketing director, coordinate response to various sales leads from Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation, Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, Music City Center, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of current information on all Quarterly Communication Overviews which include final listing of all communications efforts for each exhibition.
- Coordination and assistance with production of large-type materials to accompany exhibitions and for general purpose printed information used in the institution.
- Gather content and assist with development of professional digital recaps of all exhibitions, including marketing and communications efforts (press clips, internet clips, collateral, advertising, photographs, etc) for each exhibition to be sent to the lending organization/institution, sponsors, and for in-house records.
- Maintain list of various promotions, including assigning codes for various discounts, coordinating with various departments and follow up so an assessment can be made about the success percentage of the promotions.
- Assist with staffing of Marketing Council including preparation of materials for quarterly meetings, and taking and drafting minutes of Council meetings.
- Coordinate Speakers Bureau requests for presentations to select groups and organizations in the community;
- Field and fulfill requests for donations to non-profit organizations in Middle Tennessee;
- Assist and coordinate affinity group activities (e.g. scheduled group visits, senior activities)
- Assist Communications staff members in developing materials/digital assets for specific presentations.
- Assist with staffing of museum events as requested.
- Assist with oversight and coordinating of high school and college interns as needed.
- Work with volunteers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by department director.
Job Conditions: This position will likely require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Education: BA degree in Communications, Art History, or Museum Studies strongly preferred.
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability, long-term care, 401(k), PTO.
How to Apply
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume, references and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Nashville, Tennessee 37203-3822
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (615) 744-3339
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: July 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 40, M-F some evenings & weekends