Communications and Events Administrator
The primary responsibilities would be to manage the communication and event needs of Leadership Music. This position reports to the Executive Director.
• Develops contacts and relationships with media and other representatives to create opportunities to promote the Organization and its activities to the trades.
• Writes and distributes weekly communication to alums.
• Manages all social media initiatives.
• Maintains and updates database of Alumni and Board officer contacts. Uses media publications and news resources to obtain news regarding Alumni and update database.
• Coordinates thank you notes for all program days, events, donations and other needs. Includes individualizing the letters.
• Prepares communication materials relating to annual alumni dues and keeps track internally.
• Coordinates efforts of class agents for various Leadership Music initiatives.
• Prepares reports and communications for Executive Director and board of directors.
• Provides support at the Board and Executive Committee Meetings with location scheduling, compiling the minutes and distributing to board secretary.
• Attends all committee meetings and is responsible for compiling and distributing the minutes and following up on action items.
• Prepares required materials and lends support to Alumni Events, program days and the selection committee.
• Manages events, including invitations, securing a venue, arranging catering, transportation, audio/visual equipment and tracking RSVP’s.
• Performs other duties as required by Executive Director and Board Officers.
The ideal candidate is a proven team-player with strong work ethic and attention to detail. Other preferred qualifications include:
• Education-Undergraduate degree preferred.
• Experience-prior experience in a communications role.
• The individual must have strong written and communication skills to support interaction with board officers, constituents and the public. Must also have strong social media experience.
• A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance.
- 401K Matching
- Flexible Work Schedule
How to Apply
Please send Resume with Salary requirements to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: August 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 40/hrs