Manage college, financial aid, and scholarship activities for students and their families in order to impart hope, build confidence, communicate the importance of education, and bring students and colleges together. Provide guidance and counseling to students and families regarding college choice and transitions from high school to higher education.
· Counsel a minimum of 100 students and families for 5 hours or more on goals and college choice options.
· Ensure students are exposed to a variety of college options through online exploration, and on occasion, group college visits.
· Provide admissions application assistance including: application reviews, transcript submission, essay assistance, recommendations.
· Assist students and families with filing FAFSA’s and verification (as necessary) for all students.
· Advocate and communicate for students with postsecondary institutions.
· Maintain data weekly on student matriculation, enrollment, and retention.
· Support Gear Up Coordinators at High and Middle school locations.
· Assist in coordinating and facilitating ACT prep classes.
· Support community-based efforts occurring at satellite positions.
· Hold weekly office hours at YOC and help provide drop-in center coverage.
· Support Oasis Resource Center Staff onsite at Nashville State Community College locations.
· Experience in counseling, admissions, and/or financial aid a plus
· Knowledge of college choice options, admissions, financial aid, scholarships
· Understanding of racial and gender inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
· Public speaking experience.
· Ability to effectively collect, organize, and retrieve data.
· Knowledge of higher education and barriers to higher education for low-income and first-generation college bound students.
· Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth – specifically including First-Generation, New American, and LGBTQ+ youth
· Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Daryl Curry @email@example.com
- Date Posted: August 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 34K-37K
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk