Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Clinical Therapist. The Clinical Therapist serves as a counselor for an assigned caseload of participants who, through sound integrated Christian counseling, encourages participants toward healing of the mind, body, and spirit. This position reports to the Director of Therapy &Life Coaching and is a key member of the Life Recovery Team.
Are you the right person?
You are an experienced Counselor. You understand that ultimate healing comes from a life lived for Christ in obedience to His word, and in light of this, you counsel from a biblical worldview. Your desire is to see participants live up to their full potential. You have the ability to think and act decisively with purpose and integrity. You are also organized and able to maintain ethical documentation for assigned caseload of participants. Prefer a Master’s degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy or clinical social work and a minimum of two years of pertinent professional experience in counseling
You are strong in your faith. Your biblical worldview dictates the way you compassionately counsel those in your care. You are committed to helping participants by applying the best therapeutic insights and practices within the framework of the transforming power of the Christian faith. You have a desire to effectively communicate the Gospel regularly with participants,staff, and volunteers.
You are a professional. Your counseling is well organized,professional, and conducted in a challenging, encouraging manner. You develop,maintain, and secure counseling documentation on each participant that is thorough, detailed, and ethical. You are committed to treating every participant with compassion, skill, and professionalism. You maintain personal malpractice insurance and meet all requirements for state licensure.
You are a team player. You can work with a diverse team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards. You actively participate in special events, activities, staff meetings, and more (including some weekends and holidays).You are not afraid to address conflict within the group. You seek to understand through conversations and not confrontations.
- Provides oversight and care to assigned caseload of program participants:
- Meets with assigned participants two times per week for one-hour group counsel.
- Meets with each assigned participant individually for one on one counseling per program progression.
- Assures that a Coordinated Treatment Plan (CTP) is in place for each participant and is consistently monitored and updated.
- Develops, maintains and secures counseling documentation on each participant both in Client Track and offline files.
- Teaches in core curriculum when and if necessary.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains ethical documentation in the NRM ClienTrack system.
- Maintains personal malpractice insurance.
- Maintains all requirements for state licensure during employment with Nashville Rescue Mission.
- Actively works with Life Coach team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to program standards.
- Actively participates in special events, activities, staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by Director of Therapy and Life Coaching.
We are looking for a professional therapist who is a committed Christian, and whose education and experience level allows them to integrate psychology and theology in their normal treatment. The right person is someone who genuinely cares about helping others move forward in their life. Candidates should possess Master’s degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy or clinical social work and a minimum of two years of pertinent professional experience in counseling (other degrees in the mental health field may be considered on an individual basis).
Health Benefits, Time Away from Work, Life Insurance and More. Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Retirement. Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
NRM offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for time off for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the NRM family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Religious