Sexual Assault Center
Clinical Therapist – First Response Program
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: Provide direct clinical support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, psychoeducation, and referrals to support healing from the impact of sexual assault in their lives. The employee in this position will see up to 7 clients through the First Response Program, and the remainder of their clinical time serving other SAC clients. The First Response Program serves clients with acute trauma symptoms needing immediate crisis intervention through a 12-week short-term program of individual and group therapy.
Reports to: Clinical Coordinator
- Full-Time position. Some evening hours are required.
- Salaried position at $45,000 annually. Opportunity for higher rate of pay for independently licensed clinicians.
- The starting salary for independently licensed clinicians is $48,000 annually with a $500 increase for every year of clinical experience post independent licensure.
- Provide quality and effective therapy, both individual and group, to a variety of clients.
- Maintain a full caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Work collaboratively with the other Clinical Therapist – First Response Program for services provided through this program.
- Support peers by actively participating in weekly staffing and team meetings at SAC.
- Participate in scheduled individual supervision with Clinical Director.
- Keep accurate client records and complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Engage in outreach and community-based activities as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
First Response Program Specific Major Duties:
- Provide initial and short-term therapeutic intervention to address acute and/or overwhelming symptoms experienced by clients new to services at the Sexual Assault Center.
- Utilizing class, group, and individual sessions, implement crisis intervention strategies with the purpose of providing clients skills for distress tolerance and symptom management.
- Provide care and support for clients during resource building stage of client care, as preliminary support and intervention for clients waiting for a more long-term placement with a Sexual Assault Center Therapist.
- Provide continual assessment of client needs and strengths during initial period of intervention to inform treatment planning and necessary referrals.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in social work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology, and working towards licensure.
- Experience with trauma informed care required.
- Active TN Health Related Board independent clinical license.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate clinical experience.
- Experience with the sexual assault survivor population.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Experience and comfort with providing support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware, and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, providing therapy to clients of various ages, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
SAC offers a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, supplemental AFLAC benefits, 401k, paid time off, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: May 25, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $45,000 - $48,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk