Working from the Nashville office and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House of Nashville seeks a full-time Licensed Clinical Director who maintains primary responsibility for overseeing all counseling and case management services for our residents, most of whom are returning to the community directly from all the state prisons and county jails in Tennessee. This individual will supervise a team including Certified Peer Recover Specialist(s) and all counseling interns, as well as coordinate all clinical programming in-house. The Clinical Director’s other duties will include, in part, working closely and communicating frequently with the VP of Programs, providing individual counseling as needed, leading or facilitating groups, managing counseling partnerships with local colleges and universities, intern supervision, performing assessments and doing referrals as needed.
The ideal candidate has a Master’s level (or higher) degree and must be a licensed counselor or social worker who has the ability to supervise graduate students’ clinical hours. This individual has experience doing both individual and group counseling, takes a trauma-informed approach, can supervise others, and has expertise and experience working with co-occurring mental health diagnoses including substance use disorders. The ideal candidate has experience giving and interpreting psycho-social assessments and making referrals to and coordinating with outside providers as needed. In addition to working closely with the VP of Programs, the Clinical Director will work in collaboration with a Care Team that includes case managers, the admissions manager, Individualized Placement and Support team and counseling interns; and is responsible for reporting to and communicating with the Care Team about resident progress. We are looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who has experience and/or passion for working with justice-impacted individuals and has some understanding of prison culture.
The ideal candidate will have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed and must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable car.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: These will roughly fall in three areas – direct counseling, coordination of counseling services and supervision of counseling and social work interns.
- Oversee and coordinate mental health and addiction recovery services for residents.
- Administer and interpret assessments for residents using this data to inform treatment.
- Work closely with VP of Programs to initiate and implement counseling partnerships with local colleges and universities.
- Work directly with colleges and universities to coordinate interns and/or an internship program.
- Supervise any counseling and/or social work interns who may be placed at Dismas.
- Advise and assist in the development and management of a behavioral health treatment plan for each resident.
- Provide direct counseling services to residents as needed including both individual and group therapy.
- Lead or facilitate process and skills-based groups (CBT/DBT).
- Make referrals and schedule with our outside Behavioral Health provider, Centerstone, as needed for psychiatric needs and monitoring and adherence to prescribed psychotropic medications.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with our outside Mental Health provider, Centerstone, to schedule appointments, share feedback with the Dismas care team and ensure Dismas staff is supporting residents in following the clinical recommendations in their treatment plans.
- Oversee schedule of clinical appointments in tandem with residents and case managers.
- Work closely with peer recovery specialist or licensed addiction counselor if applicable to ensure effective and appropriate substance use disorder recovery programming for residents.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed In Social Work (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT), Licensed Professional Counselor, mental health service provider (LPC-MHSP), or other licensure that allows for supervision of graduate social work and/ or counselling students.
- Experience leading and facilitating groups.
- Master or Doctoral level degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or a related field.
- Experience working with those with histories of substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders. Licensure in addiction counseling or expertise in substance use disorder treatment and/or training as a peer recovery specialist is a huge plus.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 3 years doing individual and/or group counseling and/or related experience in social services.
- Experience leading and facilitating groups.
- Experience working with justice-impacted individuals or other at-risk populations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
- Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of prison culture desired.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures and clinical laws and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits package including dental and vision, 401k and HSA
How to Apply
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Dismas Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ applicants.
- Date Posted: December 27, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/30/2023
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week