The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, management and provision of clinical services.
The Clinical Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- To ensure the maintenance of quality care;
- To monitor treatment and compliance of all patients;
- Ensures that accurate and current clinical records are maintained by staff;
- To conduct internal program review, patient records review, as well as conduct educational counseling;
- To assess training needs of clinical and support staff with Executive Director, and report said needs to Executive Director;
- To ensure staff compliance with Federal and State regulations governing the treatment of patients, including HIPPA;
- Possess a proficient knowledge base and understanding of alcohol/drug abuse and addiction. Additionally, keep up-dated on current drug abuse and treatment information;
- Provide intake/readmission services;
- Provide crisis intervention/supportive services to patients as needed. Refer to higher level of care as needed;
- Provide interagency reports/documentation as required;
- Perform individual and peer file reviews on a monthly basis for the purposes of quality control;
- Maintain and help with a chart monitoring system, proficiency in TN WITS preferred;
- Participate in or direct the efforts for community and public relations activities, including advertising and marketing;
- Ablility to develop professional, helpful and effective relationships with patients, staff, clinicians and outside entities;
- Ability to function as a team leader with the ability to delegate necessary tasks for clinic stability;
- Ability to project a positive and professional image to the community, in representation of the clinic;
- Participates in and/or helps perform and attends monthly Clinic In-service Trainings;
- Attend conferences, meetings and training programs as needed/directed;
- Develop and update policies and procedures to ensure organizational quality services for clients and staff accountability;
- Maintain documentation, client files and statistics as required by the agency and appropriate funding sources; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Consults with patients on the creation of a written plan that determines and lists the needs of each patient specific to accessing community services and after care planning;
- Supports and participates in the education to patients on community services, treatment options and their current plan of treatment provided at the clinic;
- Assists in the facilitation of treatment plan meetings that review each patient’s status; and
- Contributes to updates made to the treatment plans, communicating/educating patients on their respective plan of care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Master’s degree in the clinical social work, along with a valid license with approved supervision certification. Appropriate work experience in the behavioral health field, as well as the criminal justice system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Advanced knowledge and skills in care management for patients in substance abuse treatment facility;
Maturity and leadership qualities;
Knowledge of, and ability to apply counseling and. diagnostic principles, theories and techniques to a full range of diverse clinet populations, as well as co-occurring disorders;
Knowledge of, and the ability to apply ethical standards to clinical judgements;
Programmatic development data and performance management experience;
Ability to build strong teams; and
Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years within a behavioral health clinic, working knowledge of specialty courts (Mental Health, Drug Court and Veterans Treatment), professional licensure required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with a minimum of three (3) years working within the behavioral health field interacting with the criminal justice system.
- Paid Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Six (6) paid holidays per year
- Health/Dental Insurance
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume/CV and three (3) professional references via email to
- Date Posted: February 20, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 03/16/2020
- Salary Range: 50,000-60,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F. Schedule may vary.