Dismas House of Nashville
Dismas House of Nashville
Working from the Nashville office and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House of Nashville seeks a full-time Clinical Coordinator who maintains primary responsibility for overseeing all Dismas House counseling services for our residents who are returning to the community directly from state prisons and county jails across Tennessee. This would include, in part, providing individual counseling, leading or facilitating groups, managing counseling partnerships with local
colleges and universities, intern supervision, using our data management software, Apricot, for timely documentation and running periodic reports, performing assessments, and making referrals as needed.
The ideal candidate is a licensed or licensed eligible counselor or social worker who has experience doing both individual and group counseling (primarily using a trauma-informed approach), can supervise others, and has some expertise or experience working with co-occurring mental health diagnoses including substance use disorders. This individual has experience administering and interpreting psychosocial assessments and making referrals to and coordinating with outside providers as needed. We are seeking a compassionate, care-driven professional who has experience and/or passion for working with justice-impacted individuals and ideally has some understanding of prison culture.
In addition to working closely with the VP of Programs, the Clinical Coordinator will work in collaboration with a Care Team that includes three case managers, the admissions manager and Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor or a Peer Recovery Specialist; and are responsible for reporting to and communicating with the Care Team about resident progress. The ideal candidate will have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed and must have reliable transportation. Ideally this individual can start by April 1, 2021.
These will roughly fall in three areas – direct counseling, coordination of counseling services, and supervision of counseling and social work interns.
• Oversee and coordinate mental health and addiction recovery services for residents.
• Administer and interpret assessments for residents using this data to inform treatment.
• Work closely with VP of Programs to initiate and implement counseling partnerships with local colleges and universities.
• Work directly with colleges and universities to coordinate interns and/or an internship program.
• Provide weekly supervision for any counseling and/or social work intern(s) who may be placed at Dismas.
• Advise and assist in the development and management of a behavioral health treatment plan for each resident.
• Provide direct counseling services to residents as needed including both individual and group therapy.
• Lead or facilitate process and skills-based groups (CBT/DBT).
• Use our data management software, Apricot, for timely documentation and running periodic reports.
• Make referrals and schedule with our outside Behavioral Health provider, Centerstone, as needed for psychiatric needs and monitoring and adherence to prescribed psychotropic medications.
• Work closely and communicate regularly with our outside Mental Health provider, Centerstone, to schedule appointments, share feedback with the Dismas care team, and ensure Dismas staff is supporting residents in following the clinical recommendations in their treatment plans.
• Oversee schedule of clinical appointments in tandem with residents and case managers.
• If applicable, work closely with the peer recovery specialist to ensure effective and appropriate substance use disorder recovery programming for residents.
DESIRED BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS
• Licensed (or licensed eligible) in Social Work, Counseling, or related field is required.
• Experience working with those with histories of substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders. Licensure in addiction counseling or expertise in substance use disorder treatment and/or training as a peer recovery specialist is a huge plus.
• Minimum of 3 years doing individual and/or group counseling and/or related experience in social services.
• Experience leading and facilitating groups.
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
• Experience working with justice-impacted individuals or other at-risk populations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
• Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative, and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
• Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of prison culture desired.
• Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures and clinical laws and regulations.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits package including dental and vision.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: March 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 04/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk