The Journey Home, Inc.
Client Service Associate
The Journey Home, Inc.
The Journey Home is accepting applications for Client Services Associates (CSA). CSAs fill full-time work opportunities providing day-to-day services for clients at our outreach center. The positions are paid on an hourly basis. Schedules are currently 40 hours weekly, generally Mondays through Fridays, but some Saturdays may be required occasionally based on volunteer group schedules, and other program needs. Work weeks are Sunday through Saturday. Wages are paid on Friday following the end of the work week. Ongoing employment is subject to satisfactory 90-day probationary period. Equal Employment Opportunity.
CSAs provide support for program work at the outreach center and in the community including Community Café, Clothes Closet, Food Pantry, outreach center maintenance, office work, housing program maintenance, pick-up and delivery of donations, other community services and the like. Employees may work in one primary area, but will be cross-trained as generalists in multiple areas in order to provide flexibility in meeting client needs.
A great first-step into a social service or ministry career.
Client Service Associates will support program activities serving the homeless and disadvantaged in Rutherford County. Staff will work in various customer service-related roles and have daily work schedules or project tasks they are responsible to complete. Staff will be cross-trained in several roles as applicable with their abilities, training and experience. Staff will provide support and leadership to volunteers, but assigned duties are the responsibility of staff. Staff members will promote hospitality and work to create a positive environment for program participants. Tasks and duties below are typical of the work required in various programs. Other duties may be required as needed.
Community Café/Food Pantry
- Prepare and clean up the dining room and serving area before and after meals; take out trash
- Wash dishes and keep the kitchen counters, appliances, utensils, food and supplies neat
- Process food donations and gather food items for meal preparation
- Prepare/cook food; tag and store leftover food for future use
- Maintain dock and food storage areas in neat and orderly manner
- Keep equipment maintained per schedule
- Keep equipment and work areas clean to promote food safety and health codes
- Prepare and/or distribute food boxes: make food pick-ups, loading/unloading of donations
- Answering telephones, providing basic information to callers, taking messages for follow-up
- Greeting visitors to the center, distributing forms, making sure forms are completed
- Coordination of client services
- Filing, mailing, stocking/distributing supplies, keeping office neat and orderly
- Basic computer work including data entry and other clerical or administrative duties as needed
- Sort, process and stock donations of clothing/hygiene/misc.
- Assist clients including check-in, shopping, check-out and record keeping
- Enforce policies related to clothes closet operations
- Maintain racks, aisles and shelves in orderly manner adding and changing out stock as needed
- Keeps entire basement area neat and clean, swept regularly, free of trash, cardboard, etc.
- Daily cleaning in the outreach center including lobbies, bathrooms, floors, furniture, trash, etc.
- Stock supplies in restrooms
- Clean-up and yard work on the outreach center parking lot and grounds
- Minor repairs and maintenance at the center including changing filters, lights, etc.
Housing and Community
- Assist with minor repairs, painting, yard work, cleaning, etc. at TJH housing sites
- Assist with participant move-in or move-out
- Assist with pick-ups and deliveries of donations
- 18 years of age or older, neat appearance, promotes mission of The Journey Home
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Drug Free and willing to comply with Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Highly dependable, organized and willing to work!
- Friendly, positive attitude, cordial personality
- Able to communicate in professional manner and manage conflict effectively
- Able to execute written and verbal instructions, take initiative and solve problems
- Able to provide leadership, support and direction to volunteers, as needed
- Physical ability to work standing, walking, bending and lifting regularly in varying conditions both inside and outside
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs., from floor or overhead, and be able to take up/down stairs
- Preference given to applicants with a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
Paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick time)
Health Expense Reimbursement (QSEHRA)
How to Apply
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Scott Foster (sfoster@LoveGodServePeople.org)
- Date Posted: August 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: $12 - $13/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk M-F 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.