Doors of Hope
Client Care Professional
Doors of Hope
The Client Care Professional will assist clients in the Doors of Hope Treatment Center by helping to solve a variety of life-skill challenges, specifically relating to recovery from substance abuse. This position will require assisting the Certified Peer Recovery Specialist in client services and maintaining the safety and day-to-day tasks of the facility.
Direct Support Staff will work in close connection to the CPRS and under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor. Direct Support Staff ensures the safety and forward progress of Doors of Hope Treatment Center clients. Direct Support Staff will interact with clients on a regular basis and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Welcomes new patients and/or family members to campus, assisting with orientation to the campus and program as directed;
- Assists with community groups, in-house and outside 12-step meetings, and 12-step discussion/study groups as assigned.
- Monitors patients, including making rounds and bed checks as assigned, assisting in creating a safe treatment environment;
- Transports patients to 12 Step meetings and/or other therapeutic recreation activities as assigned, operating company vehicles within the guidelines, as well as monitoring patients for safety;
- Assists Activities Services staff members with recreation, art, music, and adventure-based therapies as assigned;
- Utilizing Handle with Care and de-escalates potential and actual crisis situations as needed;
- Performs CPR and First Aid as needed;
- Performs shift assignments that include maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Participates in team meetings, treatment plan reviews, staff meetings, and quality management activities as assigned;
- Assists in managing patient community as a therapeutic milieu, holding patients accountable for behavior consistent with community guidelines and recovery, consulting with clinical staff as needed;
- Documents pertinent information into the electronic patient record.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent
- Maintained a minimum of a year of sobriety in recovery
- Certified in CPR/First Aid
- Must have a valid driver’s license
OTHER SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to document encounters with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to respectfully engage with diverse populations
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and work independently
- Must comply with drug-free workplace guidelines
Unfortunately, we do not offer any benefits to part-time employees at this time.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 4:45 pm-12 am; 11:45 pm-8 am | Friday-Sunday 4:45 pm-12 am
How to Apply
Email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- you can submit your resume and apply through the job posting on Indeed.
- Date Posted: October 11, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/30/2023
- Salary Range: $18.00/hr
- Working Hours: 24-30hrs/wk