The Next Door
Client Assistant Supervisor
The Next Door
The Next Door (TND) provides a continuum of evidence-based treatment services for women and their families impacted by addiction, mental illness, trauma and/or incarceration with Christ-centered compassionate care.
Client Assistants (CAs) provide direct care support to TND’s residential clients. The Client Assistant Supervisor is the CA’s first level of direct supervision. The CA Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day tasks of the CAs and assist with scheduling, process improvement, supervision, and professional development.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Act as primary scheduler for CA staffing, ensuring all teams are staffed appropriately 24/7.
- Document absences and/or any attendance issues.
- Closely monitor Overtime Report, shifting staff patterns as needed to avoid OT.
- Communicate open needs to PRNs, PT, then FT staff members.
- Communicate with current staff any daily changes to floor assignments/duties.
- Anticipate staffing needs and communicate those with the CA Manager.
- Remain engaged and readily available to CA staff for immediate concerns or needs pertaining to work. This includes ensuring that all staff are taking their scheduled breaks.
- Supervise and amend day-to-day responsibilities of Client Assistants to meet the needs of the client. This includes delegating tasks and small projects.
- Ensure all required documentation is placed in Aura by CA staff and that the documentation is complete, thorough, and objective.
- Assess current processes and assist CA Manager in implementing improvement plans.
- Support and assist in the implementation of the CA Manager’s Professional Development program for the CA staff.
- Support the CA Manager in implementing corrective action when needed.
- Assist with the interviewing, onboarding, and orientation process of new team members.
- Be available one weekend a month as on-call contact person (off premises via phone contact).
- Assess inventory of supplies and communicate to the Client Assistant Manager any needs.
- Employ de-escalation techniques mediating potential crisis between clients when necessary.
- Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program ie; addiction, mental health.
- Assist in the role of CA when alternatives have been exhausted.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate degree or some college preferred.
- Minimum experience working with target population preferred.
- Supervisory experience of at least 1 year preferred.
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) or Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADAC) preferred.
- Knowledge of substance abuse/addiction issues or related work experience preferred.
- Possess proficient computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional therapeutic boundaries with clients and professional boundaries with all staff.
- 25 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license, F Endorsement preferred
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based services for women and their families impacted by addiction, mental illness, trauma and/or incarceration.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage core values of The Next Door, Inc. at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST health insurance including dental and vision; Long-term disability; Accidental death policy; Teledoc; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; six paid holidays; professional development; 401K with partial matching
How to Apply
Please visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your application and resume.
- Date Posted: May 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 1:00-9:00pm