Client Assistant Manager
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Provide leadership and oversight to TND-Nashville’s Client Assistant Team. Responsible for ensuring client safety and providing client supervision in a structured, supportive residential environment, while communicating with and accessing the support of professional staff.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Manage, supervise, support, and empower the Client Assistant Team, mirroring and requesting from your team the 10 Work Ethic Traits: Appearance, Attendance, Attitude, Character, Communication, Cooperation, Organization Skills, Productivity, Respect, and Teamwork.
- Be available to the Client Assistant Team for immediate concerns or needs pertaining to work; however, establish office hours, clear boundaries, and expectations for non-urgent needs.
- Assign and delegate evening tasks to CA Lead to ensure seamless transition of dayshift to overnight needs 7-days per week.
- Work closely alongside Nursing Supervisors each day to see that all TND client and facility needs are met and that teams are healthy and functional working alongside one another.
- Create and manage shift schedules for Client Assistants, ensuring the facility is in compliance with staff to client ratio at all times.
- Provide direct care/back-up support to CA team in the event of staff shortages.
- Monitor and obtain data for CA attendance and call-outs, following HR guidelines for corrective action when necessary.
- Approve and closely monitor CA timecards (i.e. missed punches, excess hours, OT)
- Provide on-going training opportunities and coordinate CA meetings alongside a Nursing Supervisor bi-monthly or more frequently as needed.
- Provide bi-annual/out-of-office opportunities for team-building growth.
- Represent the CA team in bi-monthly Nursing staff meetings.
- Coordinate with Director of Nursing Services and Human Resources the need for open positions and maintain a healthy, active PRN pool for the CA role.
- Lead the interview process and coordinate orientation for newly hired CAs, documenting regular check-ins at 30,60,90 days.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team meetings and Direct Care Leadership meetings as scheduled to ensure cohesion between staff, clients, and programming.
- Coordinate and oversee weekly and random room checks, communicating with the Clinical Team any pertinent findings.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed on-time, detailed, thorough, accurate and placed in EMR.
- Ensure all “non-medical” Incident Reports are completed for all incidents that occur while CA staff are on duty.
- Ensure that facility surveillance in regards to safety, security, and curfews is being provided.
- Ensure CA shift reports are completed, detailed, thorough, and accurate and that all maintenance concerns are reported.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of TND are followed at all times and the Core Values are demonstrated by yourself and your team.
- Conduct Annual Performance Reviews for CA team.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Director of Nursing Services.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Criminal Justice, or Healthcare-related field preferred.
- Three-year minimum experience in management/supervisory system required (strong coaching, mediation, and team development skills).
- Experience working as a hospital or mental health technician preferred.
- One-year minimum experience working directly with target population (chemical dependency and mental health) preferred.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s license, “F” Endorsement preferred.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Employer paid health insurance, Teledoc, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, PTO.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to apply.
- Date Posted: October 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)