The Next Door
Client Assistant 7pm-7am
The Next Door
The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
CAT (Client Assistant Team), in conjunction with the assigned nurses, are responsible for providing client supervision in a structured and supportive residential environment. This is a PRN position (works on an as-needed basis) with a 7pm-7am schedule.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Assist nurse with assigned client’s vital signs and medication pass.
- Communicate with your assigned medical staff the medical needs of clients and assist them is accessing care.
- Monitor, educate, and assist assigned clients in performance of activities of daily living in accordance with goals and problem area identified on individualized treatment plan.
- Assist with new client’s floor orientation. Introduce to “buddy”.
- Assists assigned clients with self-care and other living skills engaging with support and encouragement.
- Assigned CA will assist Admissions and Treatment Team with new Intakes by assisting with searches, vital signs, and urine drug screens.
- If warranted, document assigned clients activities and client interaction in EHR.
- Provide shift reports via email/report to TND staff at the end of each shift. Specifically, any therapeutic interactions had with clients on that shift.
- Prepare assigned rooms when clients transition; Includes removing remaining belongings, sweeping/mopping, changing linens, room name placard, etc.
- Perform urine drug screens/breathalyzer as assigned and on suspicion. Follow agency protocol for a presumptive positive screen.
- Based on staff rotation, assists at the front desk as needed; direct incoming calls to appropriate staff and interacting with guests, visitors, family members and outside providers.
- Engage assigned clients in fun recovery activities when appropriate to aid in emotion regulation, behavior modification and re-direction as needed.
- Report facility maintenance concerns.
- Completes assigned room checks, safety checks and client supervision checks throughout shift as needed.
- Carry out responsibilities pertaining to the operation of the facility, including all events, activities, utilizing safety management, emergency procedures and non-violent crisis intervention.
- Transport assigned clients to and from appointments, groups, and other activities as requested by supervisor.
- Maintain order in storage closet as needed.
- Employs de-escalation techniques mediating potential crisis between clients when necessary.
- Utilizes local crisis response plan in case of psychiatric emergency (i.e. suicidal/homicidal ideation or threats) with the direction of supervisor.
- Utilize effective communication when contacting On-Call staff to report pertinent information after hours.
- Attend meetings and trainings in-house, electronic, Webinar, etc as directed by supervisor.
- Follow agency protocol about contraband and items not allowed in client possession.
- Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program ie; addiction, mental health
- Perform light clerical duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate degree or some college preferred
- Minimum experience working with target population preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare setting preferred
- Knowledge of substance abuse/addiction issues or related work experience preferred
- Possess proficient computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain professional therapeutic boundaries
- 25 years of age or older with a valid driver’s License or F endorsement
- 21 -24 years of age (will not be permitted to transport clients)
- CPR Certified or willingness to obtain certification as offered by TND
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat patients and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, client, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times.
Employee discounts and option to participate in a 401K plan after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
To apply, visit www.thenextdoor.org. Click on “About Us” then Careers.
- Date Posted: June 25, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)