Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Cisco Phone Engineer
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
CISCO PHONE ENGINEER
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, 2022 AT 11:59PM
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Assistant Director of Information Technology
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 41
Salary Range Minimum: $5,756
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Administers, manages, and maintains the agency’s on-premise Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Instant Messaging and Presence (IM&P), Unity Connection (UCxn), and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) nodes and clusters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers, manages, and maintains the agency’s on-premise Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Instant Messaging and Presence (IM&P), Unity Connection (UCxn), and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX nodes) and clusters
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of UCM users, physical and soft phones, directory numbers, and extension mobility profiles
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of IM&P presence groups, presence user assignments, and service profiles
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of UCxn subscribers, call handlers, and holiday schedules
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of UCCX agents, team and skill assignments, etc.
- Perform installations, moves, and updates of Cisco WebEx Room Kits
- Research, update and maintain physical phone firmware
- May assist Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director of IT with managing and maintaining the organization’s voice network.
- Assists Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director with any IT systems disaster recovery planning and execution relative to the phone systems.
- Provides technical assistance to organization employees on the use of phone-related hardware and software, including remote users, telecommuters, and vendors
- Configure and produce any requested phone usage reports
- May perform or lead research and make recommendations as to the selection of new technology solutions, including but not limited to hands-on testing with pilot programs, proof-of concepts, and beta testing that may involve any number of participants from IT or other agency divisions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical institute with a major in data processing, computer science, or other related acceptable field.
- Four years direct experience in an enterprise environment supporting and administering Cisco voice services and systems.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities, with specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies as shown below.
- Implementation and design experience with Cisco voice gateways/Unified Border Elements (CUBE)
- Knowledge of current business practices and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, occasionally in excess of 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license.
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: January 11, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $5,756