Children’s Program Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Children’s Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
DATE REVISED June 2021
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, Nonexempt
Under the direction and guidance of the Program Manager, the Children’s Program
Coordinator will plan, prepare, and execute the 3 components of our Children’s
Programming: Bible Study, homework help, and craft or play time, at a specific
site. This person will schedule and coordinate a team of volunteers to
consistently offer a high level of excellence and care in Children’s Programming
for children aged infant – 5th grade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Work closely with the Program Director and Program Manager to deliver and
implement all children’s programming in accordance with the core values,
mission, and vision of Begin Anew.
- Provide structured, age-appropriate programming two nights each week for
children aged infant – 5th grade
- Ensure that children in our care experience all 3 components of our
programming each week: Bible study, homework help, and craft or play time.
- Schedule and lead a team of volunteers to ensure appropriate adult: child
ratios at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Direct the work of others, including, but not limited to, planning,
assigning, scheduling, and reviewing work. Holds colleagues accountable to
quality standards and reviews performance. Responsible for hiring, training,
developing, coaching, retaining, and terminating colleagues.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma / GED
- Minimum Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Computer Skills: Moderate Computer Skills ( (Basic use of email, word
processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, etc.)
- Communication Skills: Moderate Communication Skills (Immediate peers & peers in other departments)
- Decision Making Abilities: Job Specific Impact
- Problem Solving Skills: Routine Business Problems
- Experience working with children, preferably in a church or
- Willingness to work with different cultures and faith
- Pleasant and calm demeanor in working with children, staff
members, volunteers, and others
- Experience coordinating and leading a team of volunteers
- Passion for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and a
willingness to sign Begin Anew’s Statement of Faith
WORKING CONDITIONS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS –
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools
or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl; speak or hear. The colleague must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move
up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled
environment. Noise level in the work environment is typical for a childcare or school environment.
Hours / Shifts: A minimum of 5 hours and no more than 10 hours per week for part-time colleagues. Days and times vary by site.
Not applicable for this position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Yvette Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: July 12, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 5-10 hours per week; days and times vary by site.