West End Extended Program
West End Extended Program is a before and after school program for children ages 10 to 14 who attend West End Middle School. The ideal candidate will coordinate the academic and nonacademic activities of the childcare programs.
- Prepare and maintain student attendance and planning daily activities for a group of students.
- Monitor students’ daily social interactions and assist in the facilitation of events/activities.
- Teach school-aged activities/games and provide direct care to children.
- Work alongside other staff members to ensure the safety of all students and staff during programming.
- Adhere to all DHS requirements for childcare facilities.
- Have the ability to understand the needs of and be able to effectively care for children ages 10-14 years
- Organize and clean all storage spaces and common areas
- Attend necessary training (online and in-person)
- HS diploma or GED
- Department of Human Services fingerprinting and background check
- Complete medical report (required by DHS)
- Reliable transportation
- Have the ability to work a split shift (am & pm) This is a part-time position (6:45am-8:45am; 3pm-6pm) Additional hours are given throughout the school year upon assignment.
- HAVE FUN while working
- bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, walk
- walk or stand for duration of shift
- climb and descend multiple flights of stairs
Nice To Haves
- CPR certification
- Experience working with DHS requirements
- Follow MNPS schedule (August-May) with breaks in between. (ability to work additional hours during fall break, spring break, and Christmas break; holidays off)
- Ascend Federal Credit Union membership enrollment
- DHS licensing required training hours for professional development
- Paid training hours
How to Apply
Apply here: Join Our Team
Email us your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: October 21, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/04/2020
- Salary Range: $11-$12 hourly
- Working Hours: 6:45am-8:45am/ 3pm-6pm