St. Luke's Community House
Childcare Center Director
St. Luke's Community House
ST. LUKE’S COMMUNITY HOUSE
CHILDCARE CENTER DIRECTOR
The Childcare Director is directly accountable to and works under the supervision of the Chief Programs Officer in directing, managing and improving the quality of St. Luke’s Childcare Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee daily operations of the Child Development Program.
* Directly supervises all preschool staff.
* Develops short and long-range plans for the Child Development Program.
* Reviews and develops policies to ensure an effective, efficient program.
* Supervises the staff and operations of the Child Development Program.
* Recruits, hires, conducts performance reviews, and terminates employees when necessary.
* Creates and approves staff schedules which meet child/teacher ratio standards.
* Maintains up-to-date proficiency in curriculum, DHS regulations, ITER-S, and ECER-S.
* Responsible for ensuring all DHS licensing, Three Star, and Read to Succeed standards are met.
* Encourages the development of work-centered teams and helps to create a positive working environment.
* Conducts monthly staff meetings.
* Leads staff in developing and implementing educational programming for children. Oversees and monitors implementation.
* Arranges for supplemental internal enrichment activities and external learning opportunities for children.
* Responsible for ensuring Child Development Program has all items needed to perform successfully, including ensuring equipment is working properly and that Preschool is clean and orderly. * Coaches staff in most effective methods to accomplish goals of programs.
* Maintains original copies of student files.
* Assures strong financial management of the programs, makes budget recommendations, and approves purchases. Works toward cost containment or reduction. Participates in fee collection and recommends policies.
* Completes annual Employee Development and Training plans and assures implementation.
* Develops and maintains professional, productive relationships with parents, students, and staff.
* Designs and leads Intake and Orientation for new students and parents. Leads parent meetings, including Parent Advisory Council.
* Fosters a Customer Service culture.
* Develops positive relationships with immediate and broader community. Takes the initiative for outreach efforts. Represents agency programs to community groups. Revised 02/11/16
* Works with the development team to secure donations of goods, services and talents to enhance the programs.
* Works with Volunteer Manager to assist in managing volunteer placement in the Child Development Program and assures proper supervision. Assists in recognition.
* Work closely with social and health service providers as needed.
* Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plan for the Child Development Program.
* Participates in area professional organizations and professional development activities.
* Assist in fundraising, marketing, grant writing and volunteer services.
* Leads coordination of holiday and special events relating to the Child Development Program.
A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. Two years’ experience working with young children in childcare or related field. A basic understanding of child development, classroom structure, and curriculum implementation required. Experience in supervision of 20-30 people. Experience of five years or more in director capacity may be substituted for college degree, if DHS licensing supervision requirements are still able to be met.
St. Luke’s Community House is a drug free workplace. All employees will be required to submit to drug testing prior to employment.
HOURS The position of Child Development Director is a 40 hour per week, full time position. To join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and please include salary expectations. No phone calls please St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Employees are also eligible for discounted onsite childcare, and meals during work hours are provided at no charge!
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include salary expectations.
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: February 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth