Child Development Teacher
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House Preschool in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Child Development Teacher to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in our efforts to change and improve the lives of our local families. This role reports to the Child Development Director and is responsible for providing a safe, healthy, learning environment to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning and implementing the Frogstreet curriculum and other functions necessary for providing a safe, healthy, learning environment.
- Works with assigned group of children on individual developmental milestone and goals.
- Incorporates individual children’s goals within weekly lesson plans.
- Maintains personal file information on assigned group of children (i.e.: behavioral issues, parental issues, documenting physical injuries, etc.).
- Participates in all in-service training and other trainings to obtain the minimum number of training hours required by DHS.
- Develops and maintains a partnership with Lead Teacher and parents.
- Attends all parent meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred, CDA Credential or high school diploma with experience in educational setting required.
- Is proficient in the recommended best practices.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs. to meet DHS physical requirements
We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Employees are also eligible for discounted onsite childcare, and meals during work hours are provided at no charge!
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume to email@example.com, and please include salary expectations.
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: October 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: M-F