St. Luke's Community House
Child Development – Infant/Toddler Classroom – 3 Star Center Child Development – Infant/Toddler Classroom – 3 Star Center
St. Luke's Community House
Work for an organization that believes that teachers are HEROES.
St. Luke’s Community House Preschool in West Nashville is 3-star center seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Child Development Teacher to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in our efforts to change and improve the lives of our local families. This role reports to the Child Development Director and is responsible for providing a safe, healthy, learning environment to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning and implementing the DLM curriculum and other functions necessary for providing a safe, healthy, learning environment.
- Works with assigned group of children on individual developmental milestone and goals.
- Incorporates individual children’s goals within weekly lesson plans.
- Maintains personal file information on assigned group of children (i.e.: behavioral issues, parental issues, documenting physical injuries, etc.).
- Participates in all in-service training and other trainings to obtain the minimum number of training hours required by DHS.
- Develops and maintains a partnership with other team members and parents.
- Attends all parent meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred, CDA Credential or high school diploma with experience in educational setting required. Financial Assistance available for teachers wishing to complete a CDA Credential.
- Is proficient in the recommended best practices.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs to meet DHS physical requirements
- Must be able to pass a drug test, have a clear background check and meet the Department of Human Services Requirements for the State of Tennessee.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity, working Monday through Friday.
We offer very competitive benefits
- Sign on Bonus of $150 after 90 days.
- paid time off
- employer paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employees are also eligible for discounted onsite childcare
- Meals during work hours are provided at no charge.
- Paid Training
- Financial support for CDA or ECE Education
- Potential for annual merit pay raise
How to Apply
Send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org to setup a tour and view our center. We look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity. Please attach a copy of your resume.
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Date Posted: July 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $14 start
- Working Hours: M-F