Chief Operations Officer
While maintaining an unwavering commitment to Nashville CARES’ mission to end the HIV epidemic in Middle Tennessee, this newly-created Chief Operations Officer (COO) position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives for client-focused programs and activities. This position requires a dynamic, strategic and process-minded leader responsive to day-to-day issues aligning to the strategic plan to advance the mission of Nashville CARES.
This position reports to the CEO and will be a key member of the senior leadership team. The successful candidate will be solutions-oriented, collaborative, strategic, and organized with excellent leadership skills to foster productive working relationships, tapping into the talent and skills of each team member to deliver client-focused, measureable results to make our vision a reality.
- Assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations ensuring all programs run smooth and efficient.
- Work in partnership with the CEO and senior leadership team to implement the goals outlined in the strategic plan.
- Work across departments to implement and manage delivery of high-quality services, and assess program quality through quantitative and qualitative means.
- Possess the necessary leadership skills to create an environment that encourages and supports self-development and learning for all staff.
- Oversee the ongoing development of procedures and documentation to ensure the consistency, scalability and sustainability of programs.
- Ensure program outcomes attain maximum community and organizational impact.
- Provide leadership to promote integration, collaboration and communication.
- Promote a culture of creativity, high achievement and open lines of communication.
- Represent the agency at meetings, conferences and special events.
- Assist the CEO in maintaining positive relationships with: client organizations, funders, peer organizations, government entities and representatives.
- Ensure program compliance with governmental regulations and funder guidelines.
- Promote and protect CARES’ reputation as a responsible and effective social-service agency and ensure the efficacy of its programs.
- Assist the CEO in achieving CARES’ growth consistent with the agency’s strategic plan and budgets.
- Assist in the ongoing development of needs assessments and quality assessment tools to identify next steps and areas of opportunity for the agency and to support an ethic of continuous quality improvement for all agency services.
- Assist with grant prospecting, preparation, proposal writing and reporting.
- Assume overall budget and contract compliance responsibility for various programs in partnership with CEO.
- Work, at all times, to carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of CARES and to ensure agency compliance with all applicable rules, policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
- 10+ years’ of progressive and broad senior leadership experience in a social impact organization.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong process improvement, change leadership and change management skills.
- Experience with creating and leading a diverse and energetic staff, including an ability to motivate individuals and foster team spirit.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse team.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, using sound, independent judgment and discretion and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Current driver’s license, clean DMV record and vehicle liability insurance
- Extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS and experience in design and application of community-based programs and research.
- Grants management experience.
Competitive Benefits Include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for individuals with enhanced, buy-up plans available with employee contribution
- 27 Paid Time Off Days during 1st year of employment with increases annually based on length of service up to 37 days at 10 years of service
- 12 Paid Holidays Annually
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 403b plan
- More . . .
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)