TFC Senior Program Manager
Are you a passionate child and family advocate looking for a new adventure? Birmingham, Alabama’s, oldest nonprofit is offering an exciting senior leadership opportunity to manage a well-established Therapeutic Foster Care program and lead it to increased growth and effectiveness. Gateway, Alabama’s longest-serving provider of TFC services, seeks a Senior Program Manager to guide a dedicated and experienced multidisciplinary team of social workers, therapists, psychiatrists, recruiters, and education specialists. In 2022, Gateway partnered with New York University to successfully instantiate Trauma Systems Therapy across all our interventions. As a result, Gateway has just been awarded two major multi-year Federal grants which are providing resources to deepen and expand our Trauma Systems work to include treatment, training, program evaluation, and coaching for staff and foster parents.
The successful candidate has a high energy level, passion for foster care and permanency for children, a proven track record of program growth and development, leading and developing staff, a high degree and commitment to ongoing self-awareness, and the ability to be deeply present to stakeholders: foster parents, children, state partners, schools, and biological families. Knowledgeable and skilled in SAMHSA Trauma Informed Care approaches, principles, and best practices in clinical work and organizations and systems. Clinical licensure required (LICSW, LPC) with the ability to be licensed in Alabama within 3 months. Gateway offers a dynamic, supportive work environment with ample training and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits.
If this sounds like you, as the Magic City slogan states, “We’d love to have you in Birmingham!” In addition to this unique leadership opportunity, Birmingham offers a diverse and vibrant community, an affordable cost of living for a major city, a rich cultural heritage, a robust food and arts scene with some of the nation’s top-ranked restaurants, and access to stunning outdoor recreational opportunities—all wrapped in the familiar warmth of Southern hospitality.
- Oversee matching process, give final approval for admissions, assign therapist and FCS staff to work with child/family
- Ensure treatment plans and ISPs are comprehensive, include sufficient authorizations for services, and are updated timely as needed and per contract and Medicaid requirements
- Ensure staff are working proactively from the treatment plan in delivering services and utilizing the most effective TBRI and TST interventions
- Become trained and show proficiency in the Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) Model
- Become certified as a TST expert and NLA trainer
- Ensure all TFC staff deliver excellent customer service to all customers: DHR workers, psychiatrists, foster parents, biological family, and children served
- Ensures services and program operations are documented and consistent with licensing and contract standards (e.g. Medicaid, SDMH-MI, JCAHO, SDHR, and others as required)
- Ensures staff are well trained in program procedures and utilize the EHR continuously in their work; documentation is accurate and concurrent with service delivery
- Promotes a culture of continuous learning and attainment of the highest credentials
- Liaison with DHR; ensure excellent customer service to our partner and responsive program operations
- Ensures effective and responsive on-call system. Backs up on-call as needed.
Position Specific Competencies:
Models Gateway values. Leads by example. Works well with a diverse team. Takes a flexible and creative approach to challenges and problem-solving. Represents the agency well in the community. Proven track record of training and developing others. Quality focused. Service-oriented.
Master’s degree in social work or counseling with three years of successful experience in managing a large social service program. LICSW or LPC required. Deep understanding of foster care, child welfare, child development, family systems, trauma, brain science, Alabama Medicaid, TST, TBRI, and permanency.
In order to support a workforce of champions with the tools and benefits they need for success, Gateway offers the following benefits:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Constructive, continuous coaching and feedback
- Nine agency holidays
- Licensure supervision for mental health/social work students
- Training in the nation’s leading trauma-informed care models such as Trauma Systems Therapy® and Trust Based Relational Intervention®
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education in the social services field
How to Apply
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply through our website at the link below.
- Date Posted: November 4, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but this position is flexible around the clients' schedule.