Faith Family Medical Center
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Faith Family Medical Center
Faith Family Medical Center (FFMC) is seeking an experienced and accomplished individual to join the leadership team as its Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate should have proven leadership experience overseeing financial operations, preferably in the healthcare and non-profit sectors. The CFO will have overall managerial responsibility for Faith Family Medical Center’s finance, accounting, investments, and budgets. This candidate will also support operations/programs and will serve on the Executive Leadership team. In addition, the CFO will carry out all duties and responsibilities which are listed in the full position description below.
Mission: Driven by faith, we provide hope and healing to our hardworking neighbors in need.
Vision: All Middle Tennesseans have the healthcare home they need to lead a fulfilling life.
The purpose of Faith Family Medical Center is to provide the residents of greater Nashville who are employed but without health insurance with affordable, quality primary medical care.”
Position Description: The CFO is responsible for all aspects of the financial operations for Faith Family Medical Center. Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the CFO provides accounting, budgetary, operational, and programmatic support to all clinic programs and activities. The CFO directly oversees and supervises the financial/accounting staff, consultants, and other departments as directed by the President & CEO and will ensure that all financial information is reported accurately, timely, efficiently and in accordance with GAAP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the day-to-day accounting and financial operations of the company.
- Develop budgets for the company as a whole and for individual programs and new/proposed/expanded services, including the preparation of budget revisions as needed.
- Supervise accounting staff, develop job descriptions, and provide performance evaluations and improvement plans.
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly/quarterly financial reports for FFMC, its programs and activities.
- Report on financial results and issues to the CEO/President and Board of Directors.
- Evaluate the financial impact of business activities with thorough analysis and reporting
- Oversee and review the preparation of all programs financial reporting required for funding sources.
- Oversee the management of accounts receivables and account payables.
- Oversee the management of investment fund accounts.
- Oversee banking activities and actively manage cash flow to ensure it meets the daily/weekly/monthly and budgeted needs of the company.
- Manage accounting control systems and internal audits ensuring the accurate and timely production of accounting information and financial reports.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the independent Auditor to ensure the annual audit is completed smoothly and in a timely manner.
- Monitor changes in legal, regulatory, and administrative environments and implement changes in procedures needed to maintain compliance while maximizing operational and financial results.
- Maintain and update Financial Policies & Procedures.
- Attend all Finance Committee meetings and Board of Directors meetings.
- Provide financial guidance to support strategic decision making for the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university; with master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of senior management experience with an organization with operations in excess of $2 million annually and over 25+ employees.
- Certified Public Accountant designation is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Analyze and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work well with, and be responsive to the needs of, internal and external partners, including the Board of Directors, funding sources, and other provider organizations.
- Must be highly ethical with a high level of integrity; self-motivated; dependable and reliable; detailed oriented; able to interface easily with staff, other senior management personnel, and funding sources.
- Assimilate new information and technology.
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Please email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: November 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)