Chief Financial Officer
Who we are
Interfaith Dental is a volunteer-driven nonprofit agency that helps vulnerable populations achieve and sustain and healthy smile. Interfaith Dental’s mission is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.
Interfaith Dental now serves vulnerable populations in two clinic locations within a ten-county region of Middle Tennessee. Interfaith Dental focuses on life transformation through dentistry offering both access to oral health services as well as education, motivation, and inspiration.
The role you will play
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the agency as well as to direct the organization’s financial planning in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the securities and Exchange Commission, other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within non-profits. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will work in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer to prepare, administer and monitor agency budgets.
The Chief Financial Officer contributes to the success of Interfaith Dental and its impact in the community by participating in a wide range of responsibilities and activities.
- Maintain all accrual entries (pledges, prepaids, payroll, bad debts, etc.)
- Complete various inter-agency accounting entries (NMTC or SOS+ program administrator/provider).
- Prepare other entries including payroll, investments, depreciation, accounts receivables, NMTC.
- Maintain billings for Hill Avenue Owner’s Association.
- Oversee and review the month-end closing process, including reconciliations of general ledger accounts and reconciliation with donor databases.
- Oversee data integrity, billing conversion from SOS+ records (I-Carol, Access).
- Provide demographic production outcome measures for grant and ad-hoc reporting (Dentrix, Access).
- Prepare financial reports to summarize current agency financial position that are accessible to all stakeholders.
- Prepare area-specific internal reports for SOS+ pledges.
- Provides ad-hoc financial reports for management and board.
- Compile and create documents required by auditors and state monitors.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, billing compliance and financial procedures.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Maintain and update financial policies and procedures.
- Develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the agency’s fiscal plan based on function and performance.
- Participates in board meetings and finance committee meetings.
- Maintain relationships with banks and financial institutions as well as to project cash flow needs and manage cash balances including line of credit and any other borrowings when necessary.
- Maintain relationship with independent auditors and oversees the annual audit process.
- Performs other duties and projects as required.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, public or non-profit administration or related field.
- 3-5 years in a non-profit, government or for-profit operational experience is required.
- Additional experience may substitute for the graduate degree; in which case a bachelor’s degree would be required.
What we offer
At the Interfaith Dental, we have competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, work-life balance, generous paid sick time, paid parental leave, plus an employee assistance program (EAP) – to name a few. We also offer a 401k matching program. Not only do we have 6 paid holidays, but we also have a “CREST” day off – with pay! On top of that, we offer continuous learning and development and a Culture Warrior program that contributes to our employee’s high engagement and happiness. Who wouldn’t want all of that?
How to Apply
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com or apply on Indeed (use this link)
- Date Posted: March 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk