Chief Financial Officer
Do you have a passion for nonprofit work? Are you a tenured finance and administration professional? If so, your next job opportunity is waiting for you – come join us! The Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN is actively recruiting for a Chief Financial Officer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Financial Officer manages all finance, human resources, facilities, information technology (IT), and administrative functions for the Heritage Foundation and its divisions, the Downtown Franklin Association, The Franklin Theatre, the History & Culture Center (in development), and Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens (in development).
At hiring in 2023, this position would directly supervise a full-time director of operations, part-time accountant and part-time finance assistant as well as manage several outside firms and contractors including CPA firm/auditors, investment management firm, HR consulting firm, IT firm, insurance broker, facilities contractors, etc.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Serve as a member of the organization’s senior leadership team, guiding and responding to high-level needs of the organization and interfacing with the board of directors regularly. Serve as the staff liaison to the board of directors’ finance committee.
- Provide strategic vision and insight and utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to achieve financial excellence.
- Direct and guide the finance team in all financial matters, to capture and process all transactions; document and quantify commodities; generate required reports and statements; perform and participate in necessary internal/external audits and reviews to verify all activities are appropriately executed and documented in line with GAAP standards and state/federal regulatory requirements.
- Manage cashflow forecasting and financial reporting in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and senior leadership team; collaborate to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support operations.
- Responsible for some level of day-to-day financial activities such as managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, reconciling, payroll, etc. in conjunction with other finance staff.
- Direct and oversee inclusive annual budget development process, including the presentation of final budget recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer and board of directors.
- Work with external auditors on audit schedules and annual report of audit findings.
- Direct the external HR firm to manage human resources initiatives, including but not limited to leading employee handbook updates, directing the annual review process, overseeing benefits program and annual health insurance bidding, maintaining appropriate employee records, etc.
- Oversee the facilities management and maintenance of six historic properties.
- Collaborate on future equipment and asset planning, budgeting, etc.
- Strategically direct the efforts of the contract information technology (IT) firm, including future planning infrastructure, software systems, information security, etc.
- Alongside all full-time staff, act as day-of event staff for various weekend and evening events such as street festivals, key fundraising events, etc.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. CPA certification preferred. Minimum 10 years relevant of experience required. Demonstrated senior leadership experience within a complex and multidisciplinary institution. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Other Qualifications: • Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements. GAAP knowledge and experience. • Up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting software systems. • Ability to strategize, problem solve, and make sound business decisions. • Experience in developing budgets, financial plans, and pro formas. • Familiarity with investment management and funding sources. • Demonstrated success in financial planning and analysis, tax planning, and finance operations management. • Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills. • Ability to act as a brand ambassador of the Heritage Foundation and its divisions. • Model a leadership style that is open, supportive, collaborative, and respectful of all staff members. • Interface and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and ability to thrive in highly collaborative and mission-driven culture
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: May 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 06/05/2023
- Salary Range: 85,000-95,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/ week