Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee
Chief Financial Officer
Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee
Reporting to the CEO, responsible for managing all of the Club’s financial activities and reporting requirements. Assess and evaluate financial performance of the Club, providing insight and recommendations to CEO/Board of Directors for both short-term and long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Oversee the accounting, payroll, and financial operations of the Club, which may also include property management, employee compensation & benefits, insurance coverage, legal requirements and donor records.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for managing all financial functions including: accounting, payroll, financial operations, human resources, property management, employee benefits, insurance coverage, legal requirements and donor records.
Establish and implement policies and procedures for all financial management functions, ensuring appropriate controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors to develop annual income and expense budget. Provide timely and complete reporting of financial results and recommendations for necessary actions to maintain the fiscal health of the Club.
Work closely with Club leadership and managers to:
- Maintain, analyze, and interpret general ledger for all funds;
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports on a monthly and as needed basis
• Oversee the process for identifying and evaluating opportunities for improved financial operations, recordkeeping and reporting, working with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual report of audit findings.
- Lead organizational planning and development of operating and fund account budgets, and control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and contractual requirements.
- Ensure a productive work environment within the finance and accounting function.
- Recruit, select, manage and provide career development opportunities for staff and
volunteers working within the finance and accounting function.
- Train branch staff in proper procedures regarding cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budgeting as needed or requested.
- Attend meetings of Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Human Resources Committee in an advisory role, as requested.
- Assist Unit/Branch Directors/Managers in budget preparation and management, as requested.
Internal: Maintain contact with CSC/Club Directors to provide technical assistance in matters of financial operations; interact regularly with Chief Executive Officer and the Board to develop fiscal policies and budgets, and to present regular reports in an advisory capacity.
Manage the CLA outsource relationship to deliver ongoing financial requirements for BGCMT. Drive recommendation for future structure of the ongoing relationship.
External: Maintain contact with external auditors, vendors, insurance carriers, and other groups.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience managing the accounting functions in a non-profit agency, or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, processes and procedures of non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations in personnel supervision; the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, and other related agencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 7, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/10/2022
- Salary Range: 85,000 - 100,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm