End Slavery Tennessee
Chief Executive Officer
End Slavery Tennessee
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: ESTN is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization. Adopted by ESTN at its founding, the Mission, Vision and Values describe who we are and the beliefs which animate our actions. Compulsory agreement with this statement is not a condition of employment. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors in an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. The mission of ESTN is to nurture healing of survivors and strategically combat human trafficking in Tennessee. We are an agency focused on professional excellence that emphasizes equity for all persons.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
- Provides vision, direction, and leadership to the organization
- Establishes effective decision-making protocols to meet long & short-term objectives
- Identifies and launches initiatives to effectively advance the mission of the organization
- Oversees facility and property development
- Partners with the Board of Directors on all agency activities, including but not limited it:
- Long-term and short-term strategic planning
- Financial Budgets
- Board continuity and sustainability
- High level employee recruitment, satisfaction, and retention efforts
- Ensures efficient relay of information to Board of Directors
- Provides reports, resources and expertise that enable the Board to fulfill its role:
- Ensures staff have adequate support & resources to do their job and fulfill the mission of the organization
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state/ local laws and regulations
- Maintains the Company Charter in good standing
- Maintains tax exempt status
- Maintains and updates company policy manual in accordance with all applicable laws
- Maintains and updates yearly financial policies
- Filing of 990
- Yearly audit
- Yellow book audits, as required
- Maintains organizational chart of staff members with clear supervisory flow
- Oversees staff-care for employees
- Ensures training and education for staff and Board annually
- Promotes visibility of ESTN, acting as a key spokesperson and representing the organization by participating in local, state or national committees and advisory groups when possible
- Acts as the liaison to the Tennessee Counter-Trafficking Alliance with Restore Corps Memphis and Grow Free Knoxville
- Maintains MOU’s with Tennessee Counter Trafficking Alliance
- Speaks publicly about human trafficking and ESTN’s mission
- Attends all statewide Human Trafficking Council meetings
- Responds to, and initiates, speaking engagements as ESTN’s spokesperson to researchers, media, government officials, multi-agency strategy and policy groups
- Works with state government officials to ensure human trafficking laws and policy align with emerging best practices.
- Maintains and employs expertise and influence to build effective systems and collaborations
- Networks and builds relationships with governmental and community influencers to build partnerships and support for the local mission
- Fosters and maintains relationships with partners who provide client referrals
- Oversees or executes all external communications
- General Management & Administration of the organization
- Ongoing assessment of risk and opportunity for the organization
**Interaction with survivors of human trafficking while working from the office should be expected. ESTN follows a trauma-responsive and strengths-based approach to the work environment. Training will be provided on trauma-informed care each year. Empathy, compassion, and ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for staff at ESTN.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
- Board, staff and volunteers of ESTN
- Referred clientele
- Law enforcement at all levels
- Service providers at partner agencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in nonprofit or public agency management preferred, including supervising paid staff and volunteers; experience working with a Board of Directors desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s desirable; relevant experience may be substituted.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting.
- Experience working with local and state government representatives is desirable.
- Experience in fundraising, with success in securing major gifts and managing donor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, clear and effective written and oral communication.
- Deep understanding of Human Trafficking and how it impacts Middle Tennessee.
- Maturity, compassion, vision, optimism, and leadership skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screens both initial and subsequent throughout duration of employment
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Person of high standards and character committed to social justice
- Ability to lead and inspire others to action
- Well organized with the ability to reprioritize in response to the needs of the organization
- Thinks critically in analyzing and responding to high-pressure situations
- Collaborative, communicative, inclusive, and cooperative
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the organization
- Ability to execute short- & long-term plans
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify ESTN’s core values.
40 hours per week, typically 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday. Willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as required to accomplish the job.
SERVICE AREA & TRAVEL:
End Slavery Tennessee covers 41 counties throughout middle Tennessee. Routine day travel will be required at times and mileage reimbursed. Occasional overnight travel for trainings and meetings may be necessary.
- Healthcare stipend – $750.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/ month for therapy.
- Therapy required for direct service staff, encouraged for all staff.
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays.
- 4 floating holidays.
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance.
- Employer 403b match up to 3% of salary based on employee contributions.
- Yearly raises as approved by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position.
Fax: (615) 806-6994
PO Box 160069 Nashville, TN 37216-0069
**End Slavery Tennessee recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: August 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Board Leadership
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm