Chief Advancement Officer
Since 1967, the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County has been dedicated to preserving Williamson County’s architectural, geographic and cultural heritage as well as promoting the ongoing revitalization of downtown Franklin in the context of historic preservation. Notable projects include The Franklin Theatre, Roper’s Knob, parts of the Franklin battlefield and the Old, Old Jail. The Foundation brings county history to about 3,000 school children each year through the Heritage Classroom program as well as walking tours of downtown Franklin. Events and festivals produced by the Heritage Foundation such as Main Street Festival, the Heritage Ball, Pumpkinfest and Dickens of a Christmas bring hundreds of thousands of locals and visitors to downtown Franklin each year. The Heritage Foundation owns and operates The Franklin Theatre, the Downtown Franklin Association, and the organization’s newest division and current restoration project, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens. For more information about the Heritage Foundation, visit www.williamsonheritage.org.
- Develop and implement both annual and major giving plans to successfully meet established fundraising goals and objectives.
- Establish annual strategic plans and goals, providing regular performance reviews and facilitating appropriate recognition.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and prospects to grow, strengthen, and nurture the donor base.
- Working collaboratively with the President/CEO and development team to maintain a portfolio of leadership donors for various funds, including the Annual Funds, capital projects, endowment, etc.
- Identify and attract corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
- Oversee donor and prospect management systems identifying opportunities for system optimization.
- Oversee gift processing by ensuring policies, systems and procedures follow ethical standards for soliciting and reporting.
- Develop and manage the annual fundraising budget and work plan; tracking and reporting results to the President/CEO.
- Model a leadership style that is open, supportive, collaborative and respectful of staff.
- Monitor, participate in and adhere to best practices in philanthropy.
- Attend and participate in execution of key annual events and activities including but not limited to the Ball and festivals
Bachelor’s degree required, specialty of business or marketing preferred. Minimum twelve (12) years of professional experience including a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in development strategy.
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Date Posted: December 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/03/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/ wk, M-F, occasional weekends to support events