The Chef supports Cumberland Heights’ mission of providing the highest quality care possible in a cost-effective manner for persons and families who are at risk for or who are suffering from the disease of chemical dependency. Treatment encompasses the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of recovery by offering a safe, loving and healing environment, combining professional excellence and the principles of the Twelve Steps.
The Chef is responsible for the preparation of three planned daily nutritional meals for patients, staff and visitors. This position is also responsible for the daily operation of the Food Services area in the absence of the Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Complies with the nutritional and dietary needs of the patients established by the Director Food Services.
2. Complies strictly with all local and state health requirements on sanitation and safe handling and storage of food.
3. Prepares food for any patient ordered by doctor or dietician, or because of religious or vegetarian preference.
4. Records morning and evening temperatures on coolers and freezers daily.
5. Oversees work of others on weekends.
6. Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
7. Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
8. Ensures proper handling and distribution of company funds.
9. Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
10. Reacts productively to change.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; culinary or trade school is preferred; a minimum of 2 (two) years experience in a food service operation; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds; ability to speak, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, handle and reach; ability to speak, read and write in English; good problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills; good oral and written communications skills; good dexterity; experience with cutlery and knowledge of kitchen equipment; completion of Metro health department food handlers safety and sanitation course; knowledge of and ability to apply information regarding age/cultural/population specific characteristics to patient care issues in assigned area. If recovering, one year of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in a kitchen setting that involves associated risks or discomforts requiring safety precautions. Position is subject to work within a small kitchen operation, often at temperatures greater than normal. Position must work with high temperature devices, sharp cutting tools and other kitchen equipment. Position is subject to long hours and extended shifts.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Visit Cumberlandheights.org to apply
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Environment