Certified Psychological Assistant
Under the supervision of a Chief Clinical Officer, administers and scores psychological tests, performs behavioral observations, assesses symptomology and provides interpretation of test results for children, youth and adult clients. Assists with testing and data collection for agency projects.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
- Travel to client homes or designated community locations to perform evaluations throughout Tennessee and Southern Kentucky
- Conduct psychological evaluations of clients using an array of assessment techniques and instruments, including but not limited to a review of psychosocial history, mental status exam, clinical interview and use of standardized assessments.
- Score Psychological Assessments and provide a summary of assessment results and diagnostic suppositions to the Clinical Supervisor.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor, complete a Psychological Report which meet all documentation requirements necessary for billing purposes, answers all referral questions and justifies Diagnostic decisions.
- Conduct a summary face to face or telehealth debriefing with assessed clients following determination of Diagnostic condition and Service Recommendations.
- Complete all continuing Education requirements to maintain CPA status.
- Comply with all TNV Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with Federal Confidentiality Law to protect the rights of the clients.
- All other duties as appropriate and as needed for the success of assigned clients not specifically denoted within this Job description.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance.
Master’s in Psychology or a related field, Credentialed as a CPA in the State of Tennessee. Valid TN driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and reliable transportation. One year of experienced with Psychological Assessment preferred. Training in proper crisis prevention initiatives and universal precautions required.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Ability to evaluate assigned clients using Psychometric measures, including but not limited to Intellectual, personality, ability, affective conditions, motivation, interest, needs, emotional intelligence, etc.
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources and make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to Interview clients and determine their strengths, needs, deficits and limitations.
- Ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to sitting, driving, climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Ability to manage data and electronic equipment and services; e. laptop, smartphone, email, web browser portals, Microsoft 365 products, etc.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to understand and be sensitive to cultural and demographic differences.
A career at TN Voices offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to thirteen (13) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
How to Apply
Please email your curent resume to Blair Chapman at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/17/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F