Certified Peer Recovery Specialist and Peer Services Trainer
This is a full time position with benefits for a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist to provide training to other peers in East Tennessee. While the TAADAS offices are in Nashville the candidate for this position will not be required to report to the office in Nashville more than a few times per year. CPRS Trainings will be held both in person using a one week 8AM to 5PM format and online using Zoom with a two week 8 AM to Noon format. Travel will be reimbursed according to State of Tennessee travel regulations at .47 cents per mile. If overnight travel is required accommodations and per diem will be provided.
CPRS Training Responsibilities
- Provide CPRS training in accordance with TDMHSAS CPRS contract provisions
- Implement scheduled trainings in accordance with a training plan and timeline set by supervisor in compliance with the CPRS contract provisions
- Staffs CPRS advisory or planning meetings as assigned
Peer Services Training Responsibilities
- Provide peer services trainings, such as WRAP, MH First Aid, Family WRAP or Peer Wellness, in compliance with a training schedule developed in consultation with supervisor.
- During each training, ensure participants fill out evaluations, and distribute certificates that indicate the course has been completed
- Develop content for Training flyers; Send training session information to the Media Specialist as needed
- Education – High school equivalency or graduate.
- Certified by the State of Tennessee as a CPRS and as a CPRS Trainer
- Certification in other training areas such as WRAP, Peer Wellness or MH First Aid is beneficial
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft products such as Word and Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with project management or event planning/hotel/hospitality preferred
- Knowledge of substance abuse preferred
- Able to travel throughout TN as assigned for trainings
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and disability insurance and IRA 3% contribute match. Generous sick and vacation leave time and 13 paid holidays per year.
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: July 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 34,000.00 annual
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F