YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Center for Civic Engagement – Assistant Director
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Senior Program Director, the Program Director is responsible for the overall management and development of the Center for Civic Engagement digital presence, including the CCE Website, Mobile App, and Social Media Accounts. Responsibilities include volunteer leadership and development, volunteer and program retention, and philanthropy.
Engage a network of volunteers, donors and advocates to allow students to participate, learn, and grow through conferences and programs as part of Youth in Government and Center for Civic Engagement.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Ensure safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants
- Model and puts into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity
- Lead by example, empower and work directly with all YMCA staff to create a quality image, environment and experience through staff performance and facility upkeep
- Coordinate the following conferences:
- Tennessee YMCA Model United Nations Conferences
- Tennessee YMCA Youth in Government
- Tennessee YMCA Leadership Conference
- Other various Leadership and Training Sessions as scheduled
- Responsible for on-site management of all conferences and meetings
- Assist the Senior Program Director with the creation of conference materials, such as books, manuals, and nametags.
- Responsible for creation, implementation, and maintenance of the CCE Website and App. This includes keeping all information on the website up to date, overseeing any changes in the database, and constructing a conference-specific app for each high school event.
- Responsible for recruiting, assembling, and organizing CCE conference volunteers. This includes processing their applications, coordinating with volunteers to schedule assignments, and overseeing the work of volunteers at the conference.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Center for Civic Engagement’s social media accounts on: a) Facebook, b) Twitter, and c) Instagram. This includes the regular creation of posts or content, expanding the base of followers, and promoting the CCE’s social media at conferences.
- Responsible for maintaining alumni relations, including developing an alumni database, organizing alumni fundraising, and recruitment as volunteers.
- Responsible for assisting in the YMCA’s philanthropic efforts, including the Sponsor Your Seat Legislative partnership.
- Responsible for maintaining emergency alert procedures at conferences.
- Represent the YMCA with area organizations, community leaders, businesses and other interested persons in the community for the purpose of building and/or and maintaining collaborative relationships that strengthen programs.
- Ensure assigned programs meet current and emerging community needs through innovative program development, evaluation & on-going training.
- Create a caring, friendly, fun, safe environment that provides opportunities for staff and participants to connect, develop relationships, and achieve their goals through YMCA membership.
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
Superior supervisory skills and an enthusiastic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers and members to create a culture of service within our Centers.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment is required
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, PHP, and mySQL, as well as the ability to use Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Four year college degree or comparable YMCA experience
- Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Within two weeks of hire or before 1st shift with children (whichever comes first): Basic CPR/ First Aid/ AED
- Benefits package including generous paid time off for full time staff
- Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
- Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
- Discounts on youth programs, summer camps and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply
- Date Posted: June 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $1,430 - $1,711 per pay period, depending on experience (26 pay periods per year)
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, typically 8am - 5pm, occasional evenings/weekends for conferences, special events/projects