Stand Up Nashville
CBA Jobs Coordinator
Stand Up Nashville
Stand Up Nashville (SUN) is seeking a passionate and energetic individual to implement a First Source Hiring Program required by the Nashville MLS Soccer Community Benefits Agreement.
SUN is a 501(c)3 organization that addresses racial and economic inequality through strategic research, popular education and organizing. We organize our diverse base to build a stronger community that values the lives of Nashville’s people of color and working families. By organizing our communities, SUN fights poverty with strategic action around public investment and city planning to create thriving neighborhoods and shared prosperity.
About the Position
To ensure that jobs go to applicants most in need of opportunity, SUN and Nashville Soccer Holdings (NSH) will work collaboratively to establish a first-source referral program (“PZ Hiring Program”) and other non-construction job openings at the MLS Stadium and surrounding residential/commercial development as stated in the Nashville MLS Soccer Community Benefits Agreement.
We are looking for an individual who is outgoing, has great communication and interpersonal skills and fully understands the importance of creating pathways out of poverty for individuals who are experiencing barriers. We prefer a strong background and knowledge of the construction industry and established relationships within the industry. The mission is to elevate Nashville’s most marginalized communities and build a new workforce pipeline that will change people’s lives for the better.
This job requires time in the field, on construction sites, and in community spaces.
Primary Responsibilities – Recruitment, Training, Retention, Tracking
- The Jobs Coordinator shall work closely with the CBA Community Advisory Committee (CBACAC), NSH, stadium vendors, and other entities in achieving the targeted hiring goals.
- Assist in creating promotional materials.
- Coordinate services such as the Music City Construction Careers program for contractors to use in the recruitment of Promise Zone residents.
- Educate and assist contractors on incentives provided by state or federal programs for on-the-job training and employer tax credits.
- Conduct orientations, job fairs and community outreach meetings.
- Screen and verify the disadvantaged status of workers.
- Monitoring, Supervision, and Enforcement of CBA criteria.
- Network with the various Promise Zone Subzone Captains and representatives of the zip codes therein, job centers, community and faith-based organizations and other non-profit entities that provide qualified local workers and/or disadvantaged workers.
- Manage data, reporting, and filing of documentation.
- Must demonstrate commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice.
- Minimum of two years of experience in community organizing and/or workforce development, with measurable outcomes.
- Excellent facilitation, listening and notetaking skills.
- Must be comfortable working alone in suburban and urban locations.
- Must have a valid TN Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and the ability to travel to any part of Tennessee when necessary.
- Ability to travel and travel on weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Must be solutions oriented and skillful in resolving conflicts.
- Successful individuals will value our communities and model unity and equity in Nashville and beyond.
- Ability to drive or travel long distances by car or other means of transportation, such as airline travel.
- Ability to be mobile in various types of terrain, including construction sites, without assistance from other staff.
- Attention to detail and repetitive use of computer equipment, databases, office equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds when setting up community venues for organizing meetings.
- Ability to speak, read, hear community members, individually and in large groups.
Position includes excellent benefits. Location of the position is Nashville, Tennessee.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to “CBA Jobs Coordinator” HERE.
If you have any trouble with the form, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “CBA Jobs Coordinator” in the subject line. Your cover letter should include the reasons you want to work for SUN, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position, and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career goals.
Application deadline in June 11, 2021.
- Date Posted: June 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 07/01/2021
- Salary Range: $65k – $80k