Tennessee Justice Center
Tennessee Justice Center
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with vulnerable Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire a Casework Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day management of our team of client advocates who work directly with individual clients trying to navigate the TennCare system. If you’re compassionate, enjoy supervising others and value making data-driven decisions, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. This position reports directly to our Supervising Attorney and also works closely with our internal team of staff attorneys.
Your typical day would include:
- Fielding and assigning cases from individuals across the state requesting help accessing their healthcare and nutrition benefits
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a small team of client advocates on how to navigate the TennCare system
- Running detailed reports daily, weekly, and monthly on cases statuses and team productivity within our Salesforce database
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with community partners as referral sources for new cases
This position might be for you if:
- You have experience managing teams that work directly with people in crisis
- You have a strong working knowledge of the TennCare/Medicaid system and how best to navigate it on behalf of others
- You are proficient and comfortable working in Salesforce or an equivalent data management system, such as Excel
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
This position is an even better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have at least four years of professional work experience
- You have worked with vulnerable individuals and families
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including paid parental leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “Casework Supervisor” in the subject line of the email.
- Date Posted: March 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F