Case Work Support and Transportation Specialist
Bethany Christian Services
Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.
As the Casework Support/Transportation Specialist, you will be primarily responsible for assisting Case Managers with the documentation, client contact, and foster parent contact processes. As well as providing transportation to clients and assist with scheduling appointments for clients. This individual may also perform social and case management services to children to include but not limited to reuniting the family, creating treatment plans, ensure the child’s safety, maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all provided services, and conduct court appearances on assigned cases in accordance with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assist Case Managers with essential paperwork and documentation, including but not limited to green card applications; funding request and follow-up; and school enrollment and registration;
- Provide case management services, to include social work, counseling and treatment of clients, and coordinate community referrals;
- Ensure the child’s safety while in care;
- Attend and be prepared for all court hearings that occur on assigned cases;
- Maintain collateral contact with organizations, such as schools, to receive information and case updates;
- Assist Case Managers in maintaining client contact for case follow-up or intervention, as requested;
- Assist Case Managers in maintaining contact with clients and foster families during a Case Manager’s absence to ensure coverage of all program cases;
- Accompany youth to immigration hearings or procedures, as requested;
- Schedule and attend medical and dental appointments for Independent Living Program (ILP) youth;
- Attend training as required by supervisor;
- Administer case notes and documentation within the UC Portal in a timely manner based on guidelines and procedures set forth;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services;
- Provide transportation to clients for but not limited to medical appointments, foster homes, and other social agencies;
- Schedule and prioritize work duties in partnership with supervisor and other team members;
- Report transportation problems that occur and impede timely transportation request;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Social Work or related Human Service field of study from an accredited college;
- Must have a broad knowledge of basic principles, concepts, and methodology of
Human Service as acquired through a Bachelor’s level degree;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit an ability to apply the principles of logic and critical thinking with problem solving;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license and maintain a reliable vehicle with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
Bethany Christian Services offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth