Case Manager – Safe Passages Family Reunification
Catholic Charities has an open position for a Safe Passages Family Reunification (FR) Case Manager in the Refugee and Immigration Services department. This is a full time position located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
Primary function of this position is assessing and documenting needs of foreign-born juvenile clients reunifying with sponsors. FR Case Manager conducts home visits with Unaccompanied Children and their sponsors, and follow all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Department of Children’s Services (ORR/DCS) and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines. FR Case Manager will conduct home assessments for potential sponsors prior to reunification, as well as conduct home visits to ensure safety, and to ensure that the needs of reunified minors are appropriately met.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required with ability to transport clients
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
- Ability to go up and down steps, load and unload car seats, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral sciences equivalent required; Masters degree in Social Work preferred.
- Experience providing comprehensive case management services within a family setting
- Experience working across cultures
Catholic Charities offers medical, disability, life, and two retirement plans. Competive salary with two weeks vacation your first year plus personal time each month.
How to Apply
Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: February 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/08/2021
- Salary Range: $35,000
- Working Hours: 37-1/2 hrs/wk; 8:00am - 4:30pm